Thursday, 1 August 2013

HOC - Fifth Week and Photo Inspiration

Hello Lovely Blogites!

http://yourdecoratinghotline.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/floral.bhg.orngwllprpss_Jazz7a.jpgThis week over at House Of Cards its the fifth week of the month and that means Photo Inspiration and any style goes.  This is my design Team card for the challenge. As it is any style this week all of us on the Design Team are making cards in our style to give you some ideas, this is the picture to give you inspiration followed by my interpretation of the picture in my usual Classic and Elegant style.

It would be great to see everyone enter for this challenge Click here for as quick link to House Of Cards and the challenge rules!







I actually made two cards for this challenge however the first I simply did not like, I felt the colours were off.  Whilst the orange in the picture is not quite bright enough I'm blaming the photo and camera! lol

I started this card by embossing the background with a floral embossing folder which I inked using a versamark.  Next I simply added silver embossing powder and heat embossed.  This gives a lovely embossed letterpress finish.

The buckle is made with three die cuts from Spellbinders Gold Labels four using standard labels four inside to make a frame.  I then inked through the dies to create the orange framing.  These were layered up and foam mounted with black and white ribbon threaded between. 

Finally a bow with flowers and a hatpin and a simple sentiment banner.  I used the word celebrate to celebrate the first month of House Of Cards!

Don't forget there are still a few days to enter the challenge!  Enjoy...


12 comments:

  1. Clever idea with the dies - colours nicely pick up on the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John you picked the colour of the wallpaper,and it was a good choice ,lovely card,good luck for the challenge.
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have absolutely nailed it! Well done!

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John,
    I agree with Heather, spot on.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John. As a rule I'm not a fan of orange but this is lovely. I made a buckle card this morning as it happens and with the same die but although I was really happy with it, it doesn't look as good as yours!
    Good luck with the challenge.
    love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done John you have certainly fulfilled the brief with your card, lovely design, best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello John
    I love how you have designed this card from the inspiration photo, the repeated diecut's do create a wonderful classic feel, and I love how you've made the background it is very effective. This is a beautiful card.
    Smiles :-)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. John, this is fabulous! LOVE the die cut frames and I adore the fun banner sentiment! HUGS and hope you have a great Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. John you have captured the photo perfectly, the colours are fantastic. The sentiment is so sweet, love your card.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John
    just catching up as I was out all day yesterday.
    Gorgeous card. . . . .the embossed background is stunning.
    Have a great day. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW - breathtakingly beautiful John! A gorgeous card and fabulous design! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete