Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Thursday, 15 August 2013

Getting Pretty!

Good Morning Lovely Blog people,

Today I thought I would continue the theme of not red and white ( can you call that a theme) and try for something delicate and pretty!

Now I am often being told that a particular card would look lovely in pastels so, although this is not strictly pastel, I thought id have a go at being pretty!

This card started with an A4 piece of cream cardstock folded in half.  I added a piece of First Edition floral pavilion paper which I mounted onto pink card.  I added, with foam tape,  a larger double mat of cram and pink behind it, before attaching to the card.

A strip of beautiful woven green ribbon is tucked in between the layers to run along the front with all the elements based on top of this 'stripe'.  Firstly a die cut, in the same cream cardstock, from Spellbinders A2 filigree delight decorated by stick on pearls.  The centre panel is cut with the centre die form the set  on which I mounted a piece of the same card, cut by drawing round the inside of the oval die and hand cut, which I edged in pink chalk ink.

The sentiment is stamped onto one a piece cut with the tag section of the filigree die set, with more pearls.  The leaves are cut with Spellbinders Foliage which I die cut and stencilled through the die and some random paper roses I found in my stash. 

Both sentiments used are from Creative expressions although I can't remember which set it is.


I hope you find this pretty and good relief from all the strident red and white of the last few days

Enjoy...

16 comments:


  1. Good morning John. Well your card sure is a pretty and pastel one.
    It's stunning.

    Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Not what I would call pastel but I guess it comes down to what you are comparing it with! ROFL! So...... on reflection on your past cards probably is pastel! LOL!:)

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John, not pastel to me but very pretty paper, cream is just right with it. The die is lovely andthe green ribbon sets it all of. Lovely.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful John - not exactly what I would call pastel, but if it had been, it would have been wishy washy. I think you got the balance exactly right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful paper used in this card ,love the die used .A fab card .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John,
    Like the others have said not pastel I would have said this verges on bright, but very pretty.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very pretty card John
    I love the style, a busy flowery paper, but bright and beautiful

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very busy card today John, very flowery and I wouldn't think pastel. It is a very bright card but pretty. Hugs, Jen x
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty card John. Love the flowery paper and the die cut and the sentiments. Lovely.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hola John
    Only pastel compared to my colour schemes hahaha!
    Beautiful card and gorgeous backing paper. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. John, what a lovely feminine card. Such pretty colours. Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely card John, this one is definitely me and such super paper. Have a good afternoon, best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like, I like, I really like this, maybe not quite pastel but stunning anyway. I am loving that beautiful backing paper.

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my, what a beautiful card, I would be overjoyed if it was sent to me!! You are so talented John.
    Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John this is lovely, beautiful dies and a lovely sentiment, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John. A really pretty girls card, with a gorgeous backing paper. Take care.

    ReplyDelete