Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Wednesday, 14 August 2013

Claming Down


Morning All,

After all the red and white of the yesterday, and the weekend as well, I thought I should change gear and show something prettier in another colour!





































Todays creation was actually sent off last Tuesday for Hazel at works birthday.  Last year I made her a photo album as it was a special birthday however this year I wanted to make something light, bright, pretty and with a sentiment about how I felt rather than celebrating Mumble 1 years old.

This is an A4 sheet of hammered white PMD card which is layered in soft blue and white.  The main element is a frame cut with my current favourite Spellbinders labels die.

The decorative strip, cut in pale blue, was cut using Spellbinders Bracket Borders one with a piece of the matching spotty paper, cut with the border die form the set so that the curve matches, and foam mounted .   I then stuck a strip of ribbon over the raw edge and tied a simple, hand tied, bow and a hat pin.

I mounted the strip and framed sentiment on a piece of spotty paper from my stash then added it all to the card front.

The sentiment is form Whimsey stamps and is the definition of Friendship which is what both Hazel and Shirley (the ladies I work with) have become.

Enjoy...

16 comments:

  1. Good morning John, how soft and subtle is this creation. I adore the shade of blue you have used and everything just gels.

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete

  2. John your card is beautiful, and what a lovely sentiment.

    Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John. I love the blue shades used, and what a great sentiment. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice I like the blues used. You know what they say a change is as good as a rest!

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colours chosen, great design too,xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John
    when I saw the title of the post, I thought it was going to be a feature on seafood lol!
    Very minimalist por vous but nicely so. Probably my phone but I can't quite read the sentiment sadly as Im sure its very lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card John, love the colours and although the design is simple it is enough. I especially love the sentiment, but I would love to know exactly what it says. Is there any chance that you could email me with the actual words? If you don't have time, there isn't a problem. Hugs, Jen x
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI John. This is stunning in it's simplicity. Love the bracket borders and the tied ribbon and Wendy's hat pin really sets it off.
    Enjoy your day. Have you started packing yet?
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John,
    Stunning card in its simplicity, love it.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John

    Im with all the other comments, such a lovely sentiment the blues go nice together and of course your ribbon just draws the eye along with the pins .

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty card John, that label die is one of my fav's too. I'm still waiting for my bracket die to arrive, so that's a bit frustrating at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John, I do like this card, lovely subtle colours and a gorgeous design, and such a lovely sentiment, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  13. John, a lovely, classic card with subtle colours. Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi John Stunning,the blue is so subtle and I love the backing paper,it jell's so well together ,and makes the card so very pleasing to the eye.I can not read the sentiment either .
    Smiles
    ita

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think I would call this card Understated Elegance John. A lovely card for a special friend. Best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John, love the elegant simplicity of this card and the sentiment is perfect!
    Maggie x

    ReplyDelete