Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Tuesday, 27 August 2013

Buy One Get One Free

 We all need a BOGOF every now and then so I thought this could be my special offer!

I decided to shoot these two cards together because I felt they were both  (mainly the background card) a little weak.

These are made using the same die, card and backing paper and are also, roughly, the same size.



Firstly the card I like is this one, its a very simple card made with backing paper from My Minds Eye ( I managed to buy a whopping Antique floral paper stack on my travels)  This is shaded with broken china distress ink and double mounted with white PMD Hammered card and foam tape.

The topper is made with Spellbinders Fleur De Lis Squares die cut as a frame and the centre part stamped with the sentiment.  This is from Creative Expressions, I think, and says "Plant seeds of kindness and your garden of friends will grow"

Finally I wrapped a strip of ribbon behind the frame with a bow above but under the sentiment.


The second card has the same backing paper however this is placed inside the card with a frame cut out of the front.  Then I layered, using foam tape, each size of the Spellbinders Fleur De Lis Squares die cut in Teal and white and rotated with each alternating colour.

I think its obvious which of the BOGOF's I prefer, you?

Enjoy...

13 comments:

  1. Hi John,my favourite is the second card, it's so different and would be beautiful for Christmas. I adore the bow on the first card, why do mine never look so good?!!
    Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola John
    Have to smile that cards you think are weak, most of us would be chuffed to have made lol!
    Both are fab but I too like the poor card that got relegated to the background. Would be nice to see a pic of it by itself.
    Hope you have got your computer gremlins sorted. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the first one best but I think the other is quite nice too .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John
    WEAK ? NO WAY these two cards a FAB , i like them both equally the one with the bow is beautiful i just love what you do with your bows { so original } and the other card looks classy with the pearls and layers .

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John,
    You are way too hard on yourself. both cards are lovely, would like to see the back one more closely, I also think it looks a bit like a Christmas card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello John, I think both cards are beautiful, they each have their own merit, but if I had to choose it would be the first one, why? well there is a stamped image, and of course ink. I agree with others that the second one makes a fab Christmas card.
    Have a good day Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John. Hi john. I think both cards look beautiful, even the second one shoved at the back. The black and white looks so lovely and I'd be really happy if I'd made it. Saying that I do prefer the first one. The colours are lovely and that bow is amazing.
    Hope you're settling back into the shop again.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John
    I think the poor little orphaned card at the back is lovely. I probably like it more because its shoved in the shade - I always cheer the underdog! I would have been very pleased with myself if had been talented enough to make either of them. Has the Chino shop run out of stick on pearls yet?
    Happy Tuesday
    Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John. Love both cards but like others I prefer the second one. Would like to see it more clearly though. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. John my comments are the same as Mrs.B above. The second card looks interesting from a distance, whereas, the first card is pretty. Glad you are beavering away using all your new goodies. Looking forward to more wonderful ideas. Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like both, but I think the second one could do with a sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello John

    Sorry for absence thank your for your comments on my blog and yes the holiday was paradise totally. You and your partner will have to try and get there I think you would both love it!!

    You have been very busy with your cards since I went away they are stunning I did try to comment but it was not easy as the internet was very very intermittent and I was never sure whether things got sent or not it was hit and miss so finally it was taking so long doing all the blogs I gave up :(

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John do not be so hard on yourself,both cards are stunning,my choice would be the one at the back,and like others I would like to see a close up of it.
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete