Friday, 9 August 2013

An Early Christmas Gift!

Dear Blog Friends,

A few weeks ago I was really honoured to be contacted by my Blog and Spellbinders Hero Christine Emberson of Hope and Chances!  She asked if I would be interested in making a project for her blog if she sent me a die to work with I said yes straight away!  I know this may sound gushy but it was her blog that got me buying Spellbinders dies in the first place.

I was lucky enough to receive the brand new Dimensional Snowflake die, now this is a cut and fold die which is something I haven't used before.  I got started straight away and instead of making One project I went a little mad and made four!

Above is the entire collection, if you click through to Hope and Chances today you will see my creations as Christine's Special Creative Guest.


Broken down I made

A trifold card featuring the three different dies in the set, this was an A4 sheet of white cardstock which I folded in three and cut three circles, getting smaller as they get to the front, out on each fold.  I the adhered one of each size of snowflake into or over the 'hole'.  The paper is Do'crafts Home for Christmas and the ribbon is Beresford's Pencil Stripe.  When the card is folded all three snowflakes line up on top of each other meaning that the card works when pulled out of an envelope.  Although it looks complicated this would be a great production line card as it is not too time consuming as Christine said imagine trying to cut these snowflakes by hand!






Secondly a box with tag ( how could I get inspiration from Christine and not make a tag!)  The tag is made from the centre die from Spellbinders Elegant labels four This is decorated with 2 of the smallest snowflakes, one cut in glitter card and one in red.  These show the wonderful dimension that can be gained with the tuck and fold element of this die set.  The stamp is an old random one from Papermania I think.  The box peeping out is made with Spellbinders Bracket Edge Box die in another Do'crafts paper.




Thirdly a Filigree card - something I seem to be making with increasing frequency!

This highlights the way with the cut and fold dies you can mix colours.  I cut two of the largest die, one in red and one in Mirri card silver.  I added the red die cut to the back of the silver and tucked the red ends of the snowflake through (if that's understandable)  I added two each of the other sized dies on the front and loaded the snowflake onto a filigree card base in red and black.


Finally as a closet paper Engineer, I made some 3D hanging decorations  which I will post separately next week as a Tutorial as there are a couple of different sizes and styles and these could be made in a host of snowflake style dies.

I have to admit when I was making these it was over 40degrees here and searching through my Christmas decorations for props was very strange!  However Christine is currently at the Spellbinders Retreat in Arizona so I guess she is now feeling the heat!


I hope you have enjoyed my creations as much as I enjoyed making them

John x


24 comments:

  1. Hi John
    What fabulous samples you've made. I found your blog a few months ago from a mention in Christine's blog (or was it the other way round?) and so I was pleased to see your work featured there today. Can't wait to see the 3d snowflake tutorial.
    Best wishes
    Anne O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John, ha your talent being recognised by the wonderful Chritine, she has inspired me since I began blogging. Your creations are wonderful and I look forward to seeing your tutorial. Popping over to Christine's blog to see what she has to say about them.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning John
    I have hopped over from Christine's blog - boy I was not disappointed your creations are amazing.
    I will be spending a few minutes today scrolling through.
    Look forward to the decoration tut next week.
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello John from not a sunny Inverness, beautiful projects, love your colours. Very stylish and imaginative, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning from a rather rainy Perthshire, Scotland,
    I love all these wonderful creations, a fantastic job. Christine will be over the moon when she sees what you have done.

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John, just popped over from Christine's blog and love your samples, they are amazing!
    Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just found your blog ,fab decorations ,love your samples my blog list is growing each day .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI John,
    What fabulous creations must have taken you a long while to create.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete

  9. John, these are all stunning, well done you for making so many things from one die.

    Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello John

    I have just been on Christines blog and saw your projects which are amazing from one die, so decided to hop across to your blog and have a look at your work which I must say is beautiful. Will be following your blog now

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You will get loads of visitors today and well deserved too. Hows things on the block, missing me?xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John. I'm so happy and proud of you. This is a well deserved recognition. I can see you being whisked away to demonstrate Spellbinders goodies on C+C in the future. Can I have your autograph now?
    These are beautiful by the way but that's something I've grown to expect from you.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow what wonderful projects John ,i love them all you have worked Christmas magic with these dies . The card with the Mirri Card silver looks fab and the tag ? { well Christine will love it too } along with the box and the baubles .Looking forward to next weeks tutorial

    Take Care
    Elaine H

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John, you have made some lovely creations with this die and look as though your blog followers list will be expanding considerably with the recognition from Christine. Well deserved though as I have so enjoyed your daily offerings since I joined. Have a good weekend, best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John
    I have just followed the link from Christine and am really impressed with your Christmas creations. They are really lovely, well done.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  16. hi John if there was a Oscar's for card making you would be on the red carpet and receive many Awards,the card and tag and box etc., are stunning,I love the red it is so rich.Christine knew what she was doing asking you to guest on her blog.I hope you get lots of recognition for this amazing work.
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  17. John, what an amazing set of creations you have done !! I especially like the filigree card and the 3d decorations. Looking forward to the tutorial. Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  18. These all look great John how nice to be chosen to use the die! You see your work is getting recognised now!

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John, great post and amazing projects - you've truly been a very special guest. As you mentioned, I am in Arizona at the Spellbinders retreat having a fun time and learning lots to share with everyone. I am also a huge fan of air conditioning! Chat soon.
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing projects! I have hopped over from Christine's blog - I am glad I have found you and am following you now xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I stopped by from Hope and Chances. Your projects totally awesome! Just amazing and stunning! I hope you will share a tutorial with us! Thanks so much! Amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John. I have hopped over from Christines blog. I am not surprised that she asked you to be her guest. Your work is wonderful. I will have to get those dies and try to copy your work, if that's ok. You now have another fan. I will be reading your blog every day from now on as I love every single one of your projects. Thank you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hola John
    Sorry for delay but had dentists and allsorts yesterday and craft show today, as well as being full of cold. . . . .anyone got a violin?
    Stunning creations and well done you for being headhunted. That's it, Im definitely going to meet you at Fosse Park so I can say "I met him before he made his millions"
    My favourite is the filigree. May just have a bash at that one.
    Mui buen Juan! x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ps
    Spellbinders have a retreat? Wow! You could sub let Wendys whilst she's away and have one in Spain. Im sure you would get some takers.x

    ReplyDelete