Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Friday, 5 July 2013

Thankyou Spellbinders

Hi Guys,
Todays card was made using my , newly restored, Grand Calibur.  Today I received, free of charge from the U.K., a new handle for my GC!  I have to thank firstly all of you for your help and suggestions and then Spellbinders for their speedy assistance.  It is very rare that a company will supply you a spare part, free of charge, based on  your word!  (They even paid the postage here to Spain)

Todays card is the first one I have made using my new handle and its is, of course, a thank you card!

There are a lot of pictures of this one because I really like it.

I have mixed a selection of Spellbinders dies along with Weathered Clock by Tim Holtz for Sizzix.  It may seem strange to use this die however I wanted a large circle frame and this was the only one I had, may have to place an order for some Grand Nestabilities when I find them cheap enough!!














This card is made in the filigree technique with a new die, Spellbinders Resplendent Rectangles I received last week but was unable to use.  As I have used quite a few dies I have listed them at the end. 
Enjoy...



Spellbinders Resplendent Rectangles
Spellbinders Foliage
Cheery Lynn Flowers
Sizzix Weathered Clock

17 comments:

  1. Hi John

    First of all I have to say a really lovely card. Beautifully put together.

    I wonder how you get your cards made like this to stand up as I find with all the decoration on the front the just fall flat down like most top hinged cards after a while what do you do to stop them doing that?

    As for Spellbinders giving you a spare part. If they hadn't you might not have continued buying their dies. The GC is not their business it is the dies they sell to use on it that make them their money! That won't happen if your GC isn't working and they are so cheap to buy now so the market must be flooded with them.

    Have a good day don't drink to much Pepsi it rots the kidneys! Trust me on this I knew a pathologist!

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. Sorry for typos in hurry! :)
    Hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry heather have you seen the typos I present in my blog every day!
    John x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another lovely card. As you say-generous of Spellbinders but it will make you continue buying their dies. I've found the cheapest in the UK for Grand Nesties is Sunrise Crafts, have a look at their site.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning card John. Beautiful die's and you have put it all together beautifully and the colours are gorgeous..Hugs Lozzy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo i love this card too ,the colors, flowers and the way you have put it all together, its beautiful John .
    Now im away to look at the Sunrise Crafts web site , thank you Pharmacy Michele.

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John. Another fine card and glad your back up and running with your Calibur.
    Thanks for being a sport about the peel offs . I only use them occasionally and only letters and numbers.
    Have a great weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely card. Love the weathered clock die. Have been looking at this but didn't think it worked with the GC as it was a Bigz die.
    Have a great weekend. Looks like we have a lovely weather here in the UK for a change.
    Christine in Essex...x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the design but not the colours, would look gorg in pastels. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you are up and running again John, the clock face is interesting as I have not seen this before. Like Wendy these are not colours that I tend towards but the design is very nice. I'm now going to look at Sunrise Crafts so thanks also to Michele for the tip. Have a good weekend, best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning John,
    Like Wendy, I too like the design but not the colours. With regards to Dies, I buy most of mine from www.iconuk.co.uk they are the cheapest I have found, grands are £26.95 and p&p is free.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this card John, stunning. Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John great that you are up and running again,the card is stunning and I like the colours,but do not like the round die,the flowers are fantastic.
    Sunrise Crafts are a small Family company ,the owners name is Hitesh Patel,he always answers E.Mails,is very helpful ,and they ship quickle ,they have a price for P+P on the web site ,but if you e.mail him,he will do a deal on the P+P. iconuk .co.uk also have a great price so I always check both.Sunrise have a lady who has a blog,and she had very nick cards.
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John
    This is a stunning card. I love the design and I also love the colours. I would not have thought to use them in this way - I love it!
    Anne O

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely stunning card John I love everything about it.
    Glad you got your GC up and running again, look forward to more of your fantastic creations.
    Have a Great Weekend

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pleased your GC is happy and working again :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was really searching for such a nice post and got here...Thanks for sharing such a nice information, its beneficial for me...Keep sharing more.
    spellbinders

    ReplyDelete