Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Sunday, 14 July 2013

Sunday Mojo

Hello,

It is Spanish Crafter Wendy's turn to choose the stash for this weeks challenge.  When I got home from work I found This

sitting on my window ledge!  There was no card, embellishments or any other inspiration.  I was well and truly stuck.

After wracking my brains for ages I remembered a jewellery box I made for my, failed, attempt to join the Core'dinations design team!  View it here

I decided to make a fold over cover for the tissue box so that I could replace the contents when empty.  I also thought this would make a nice gift.



I made the box using small squares of Core'dinations cardstock, in various shades of blues, which I embossed using Spellbinders Harlequin M'Bossabilities folder then sanded.

I then stitched all the pieces in place using my sewing machine with a zig zag stitch.  I finished with my ever present, at the moment, pearls!

The whole top folds open to cover the box and ties, with matching ribbon, at each corner, like this...





I have started a tutorial for this which will go live next week, if you want one, for now click here to view Wendy's creation.

Enjoy...


10 comments:

  1. Oh! My! Word! John this is really "spooky"
    Two Great Minds with a single thought........LOL

    Love your box you have far more patience than me.....all those squares, then stitched together Oh! Man! what a job. Wonderful results though, I Love it.
    The wallpaper I used cost my friend something like £35 a roll here.
    Have a Great Say

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow-beautiful! Not sure i'd have the patience for this or your original box cover but they are amazing.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola John,
    Super dooper! Looked at your link and can't believe you got turned down for the DT. The ones that got picked must have been exceptional or relatives of the judges lol!
    It is beginning to look as though you have cctv installed in various craft rooms or perhaps we are watching you hahaha!
    Have a great day. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning John,
    This is a work of art, must have taken an age to make all of those squares, beautiful
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGooness John ,you are a man of many talents ,i just love your work both your box covers are beautiful .

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John. Beautiful is all i can say. I can't believe you were turned down either. As Mrs Duck says probably friends or relatives of the judges.
    Sorry no comment yesterday. my computer froze mid blog so to speak. They were such beautiful boxes especially the heart one with the matching tag. The shape reminded me of one of my favourite fairy stories when i was young - Hansel and Grettel so thats what I'd call it:- A Hansel and Grettel Box.

    Have a good day off. love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John stunning box love the colours you picked the blue ribbon is so rich,there in no way I would have the patients to do this.
    I got a shock when I read on Wendy's blog that I am doing next Sunday ,e.mail me please,
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  8. John, what a great tissue box cover. I have done one in plastic canvas work, but have never tried a paper version. Something I must rectify soon !! Hope the weather there is as glorious as it is here in Kent, England. Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John, this is a lovely tissue box cover. I like the idea of using small squares of card, it would be a good way of using up small pieces of scrap card that you always keep but never seem to use.
    I think I might have ago and making one.
    Sally x

    ReplyDelete