Sunday, 28 July 2013

Sunday Mojo The Final Coutdown!

Hello Everyone,

As Wendy and I will both be in The U.K. at some point in August (separately I promise!) we have decided to take August off from the Mojo to recharge our craft batteries ( read doing lots of crafty shopping!!!)

Todays Mojo is therefore the last until September.  It was Wendy's turn to crash the goodies, this is what I found this week (this time strategically placed on my draining board somehow!?!)

The contents were some papers, ribbon and a baby food jar.  This immediately screamed to me tea light holder so that's what I made lol


I die cut the green card with The Spellbinders Lattice expandable pattern die and the patterned paper with a random Spellbinders lace edge die ( I bought this set on eBay unpackaged)

I simply stuck, using my hot glue gun, the die cuts around the jar the added a ribbon hanger and hid the join with a strip of the ribbon a bow and the button provided.

Finally I added a tag using the middle die from Spellbinders Resplendent Rectangles and finished with the feather and final button.

I have to be honest I used everything but the Hippo charm which just wasn't me, sorry Wendy!

Click over to Wendy's blog to see what she made with the same stuff, Mojo will be back in September if you would like to participate, we will post out the goodies, then email me or Wendy.  It would be great to see this get bigger and I have to admit it really does work your mojo!

Enjoy...

11 comments:

  1. WOW you show what can be produced with a few items. Gorgeous make and I think Wendy will forgive you for not using the hippo. I think the unnamed die is one of Sue Wilson's Lattice set. Will miss your Mojo Challenge but enjoy your UK visit.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute holder well done with your bits!

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John,
    A very nice tea light holder, and make from just a few bits and pieces. Well done.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola John
    well done for coming up with such a great idea from the obscure bits.
    Will miss seeing what you both come up with for a month. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely. I,m running late due to camera blowing off table in the wind.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning John. Back from mum's and catching up and like Heather and Mrs Duck you have also shown a tremendous variety of projects this last week. How many craft shows will you fit in during August I wonder?? Very clever idea today with the items Wendy left you to play with. Best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely tea-light holder. I would still have been thinking what to make. Have a good time in UK & buy lots of lovely crafty goodies.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well John a beautiful Tea Light holder , i do admire your ability to alter an old discarded jar into something useful and so pretty ,

    Have a good time in the UK

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John. What you can do with a few random items. Lovely tea light. The feather really sets it off.
    love Valx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great use of the bits, this really appeals to me.
    No babies here, and all my jars are full of Homemade jam.
    Have to admit when I open a jar is does smell nice ... Strawberry!!!
    Will keep this in mind when a jar comes empty
    Thanks for the inspiration

    Patricia. X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John great result with the pits you had to play with,this would also make a nice gift.
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete