Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Saturday, 20 July 2013

Something Different


Hello,

Todays something different Saturday is heavy on pictures and low on explanation.  It is a variant of the triptych I made that is on the tutorial pages using Spellbinders Adorning Squares die from Margaret (see yesterdays post below)

I have not added much description as I intend to remake this in more detail as a Christmas project and also because I was called into work at 6:30 this evening and have only just got home (it is after 11pm Friday night when I am writing this)




I started by cutting 6 die cuts from Adorning Squares with a circle die added in the middle cut with White cardstock. 

Next I added acetate behind all the pieces and stuck two back to back using foam pads.  Finally I slid the pictures cut with a smaller die and edged with broken china distress ink and decorated the frames with matching gems.  These were the stuck to a strip of matching grosgrain ribbon with a bow at the top.


To answer a few peoples questions I use a simple wooden Bowmaker to make all my bows! 

More tomorrow, Enjoy...

7 comments:

  1. Hi John. This is so beautiful and such a lovely idea. Why don't my bows ever look like Yours?
    Have a good weekend.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola John. Very pretty and it looks like its been made from wood rather than card. Fab!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John,
    I lovely project very effective.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John
    I agree with all the above , Think i will pinch this idea for a little corner of my room .

    Have a lovely week end

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John love the cards,I think you are going to get a lot of use out of this Die.You do work very hard John,take care.
    Smiles
    Ita.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Makes such a pretty hanging John, thank you for the idea. Don't work too hard and enjoy the rest of the weekend, best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete