Thursday, 4 July 2013

Silver Wishes

Good Morning All,

A couple of days ago my mum asked for a card for her friends Silver Wedding Anniversary.  After spending too long thinking what to make I came up with the idea of making a filigree card actually in silver.  Now not being a silversmith, nor being able to afford that quantity of silver, I decided to try Mirri card.  Much to my surprise it worked!

I cut the base using the filigree technique in a heavy weight silver card (had to be very careful photographing) using Spellbinders Enchanted labels 28  The insert is cut in white glitter paper (by hand so possibly a bit wonky I don't decoupage as not keen on my scissor work)

The final layers are from antique frames and accents, I cut the frame into two and stuck the 2 pieces on either end of an oval that I hand studded (never again  it takes an age) with pearls.

The sentiment is stamped in detail white embossing powder on the centre oval from spellbinders radiant rectangles.  A bow, hatpin and copious pearls stuck everywhere and voila my version of Faberge!  Enjoy...


13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous John. I am sure your Mother's friends will love it. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a truly beautiful card. I don't know how you have the patience but it was worth it.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice John. Im more than sure that the recipients will adore it. Mirror card is a devil to photograph isn't it? x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning John,
    Beautiful card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John, your mums friend will love and treasure this card im sure, it is beautiful, i love it

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think WOW.....! says it all John, really looks impressive. best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card John, so brave trying Mirri card, but it turned out beautifully. This card is sure to be treasured.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. John, what an absolutely stunning card!!!. Well done. Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John stunning card, your Moms friend will love it,brave to use mirri card it gives a great effect ,you must have lots of patience to do all the pearls.
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete

  10. Stunning card John.

    Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely stunning John, you have made a fantastic job. looking at it it could be filigree Silver.

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely stunning John !!!
    Carol L.

    ReplyDelete