Friday, 26 July 2013

Pink Butterflies last one I promise


Hello All,

This is, I promise, the last pink offering for a while whilst I don't want to annoy my audience there is only so much pastel I can take! Lol

Again this is a pretty simple card, a piece of pale pink (yep same as yesterday) cardstock was folded over and the bottom edge cut with Spellbinders Bracket Borders One die set.  The backing paper is one I printed off from 'tinternet a while ago, I think its is actually a wallpaper sample!  This was cut to fit the front using the edge die from the same set.  I edged this with a light pink chalk ink to give some depth.  A simple sentiment, from Waltzing Mouse, stamped directly onto the baking paper and a strip of ribbon added.  Finally two butterflies cut from Spellbinders Les Papillions 2 decorated with Pearls.

Enjoy...

8 comments:

  1. Ah well! You won't like my card today then so save yourself a trip!!

    I happen to think this is quite pretty as I do like the soft pastel colours easier on the eye however these are still quite strong if my screen is anything to go by. Like the pearl touch John!

    Have a good day
    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John. I for one love pink so to me this is a fabulous colour made into a fabulous card. Just love those butterflies and wouldn't mind having that paper on my walls.
    Enjoy your day.
    love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty but not your usual standard me thinks. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola John
    Beak? How very dare you! We Ducks have bills and this Duck has a big one after the dentist visit LOL!
    I love what you have done with the ribbon on this and I love using wallpaper samples (I think the local DIY shops are on red alert when I cross their thresholds!)
    Have a good day. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi john lovely card to say,love the butterflies.
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John,
    Very pretty card, the butterflies finish it off perfectly.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely Card John ,i really like the bracket borders at the bottom and of course the pearls give it the finishing touch.

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a good idea of using wallpaper samples as backing papers. You could get samples and then scan them onto your computer to use again and again. I like the card and for me it's not too pastel. I normally go for bold strong colours. Have a good weekend John. Janice x

    ReplyDelete