Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Thursday, 11 July 2013

On The Same Wavelength

Good Morning All,

On Monday afternoon I sat down in my craft room and the image of a blue and White card floated into my vision.  I had found a stamp on Sunday that I hadn't used before.  I thought that this would look really kewl embossed in white on blue card with, perhaps, a little glitter.  Little did I know that Ang (Mrs Duck) was having the same thoughts at the same time.  When checking my ever growing list of blogs I check daily I came across this post

Please view Mrs Ducks Post Here it will make sense of my post!

This is the card I came up with (on Monday Honest)

I have stamped the image, from Creative Expressions, in versamark and embossed it in detail White embossing powder.  Next I 'coloured' the butterfly in the image with a quickie Glue Pen and added glitter in white.

If you have viewed Mrs Ducks post you will see that she has embossed a similar image in blue on white, she even added glitter!  Great minds think alike I guess!!!

I cut the edge of my card using Spellbinders Bracket Borders one and folded over another flap which I matted with white card.  When the card is closed the white shows through the filigree on the border.  Despire trying I couldn't get a good shot of this.

I have a added a close up of the stamped image instead, Enjoy...

9 comments:

  1. Hola John and everyone.
    Thanks for the link to my blog but you didn't need to be apologetic chuck as the cards are not that similar. . . . . . Yours is much better LOL!
    Mine was stamped onto a parchment type paper which perhaps didn't show too well on the pic. . . . did try and angle it for the light but my staging skills sadly do not match yours John.
    Have a good day matey. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice card John i have only ever tried a large stamp once ,i just could not get it right ,i faffed about for nearly 4 hours with it and i ended up giving it away ,

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning John,
    A beautiful card even though its showing a blue and gold on my screen, love the stamp.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete

  4. John. Your card is stunning, that colour combo is beautifull.

    Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely spooky but in a nice way!! Best wishes jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's amazing isn't when you post something then browse the posts and you find a card vey similar to your own. Spooky but that is a crafty thing. Your card is gorgeous John, so well laid out very beautiful.
    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John I love this card,as my new glasses have not arrived I thought when I first looked that the card had embroider the card,it looks gold and blue also on my computer.It is stunning and I love the butterfly's.Thank you for the inspiration
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John
    What a beautiful card. So beautifully balanced.
    Best wishes
    Anne

    ReplyDelete