Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Wednesday, 3 July 2013

Lilac Flowers

Hello All,

Today I thought I'd share a card that expands on the flowers and foliage I made in white last week in this post.  I got a lot of questions about what I had used for foliage, well the answer is the flourishes form Spellbinders Gold Elements One.


The reason why I don't always answer questions in the next days post is that due to work commitments several of my posts are written on a Sunday (my one day off) and so, with my evening job, I don't really have time to change or add anything before the post goes live.  Monday mornings my craft room looks like the end of day at the Harrods sale as I do a lot of crafting on Sundays!

In this card I have used the letterpress technique (see yesterdays post of the tutorial) to give the flourish some lilac highlights.  I also rubbed the same ink, I use a chalk eye for this as it has a lovely soft finish, on the petals to give some definition.







The remainder of this one is made up with other pieces from the gold dies however the sentiment is stamped, in the same chalk ink, on the centre oval taken from Spellbinders Radiant Rectangles.




 The sentiment is 2 separate pieces I stamped together from an old Creative Expression set I've had for years.  Enjoy...

11 comments:

  1. A beautiful card John, I love all shades of mauve/lilac/purple. Goes so well with cream. Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colour combination and elegant design John. Best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card in my kinda colours. This did, bizarrely, appear on my reading list in Blogger a few days ago so had already had a sneak peek. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love todays card John,a great design and those flowers are beautiful

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure I've seen this already!! I must be clairvoyant! ROFL!

    Nice card though!
    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John lovely card and the colours are fantastic,that calk ink gives a lovely finish .
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an absolutely beautiful card John, I just love your flowers and the colour is stunning. Hugs, Jen :-) x
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic card John I love everything about this beautiful creation.
    Oopps! another question, which Die did you use for those stunning flowers??

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the oolour and the flowers on this one John very pretty card xx

    ReplyDelete