Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Wednesday, 31 July 2013

Lets change the colour volume...

Good Morning all,

After last weeks pastel colours I thought I would turn up the volume with today's offering a simple blue and white card for a house move!

When chatting to a friend last week she mentioned that when she had decided to go down the Spellbinders route she had decided to base her collection on Labels four.  It was only after this that I realised I had done the exact same thing as not only do I have the dies but all my recent stamp purchases are labels four friendly.  I ordered, some weeks ago, a couple (OK a few) sets of stamps from Waltzing Mouse and it seems that nearly all of the fit within labels Four.  Today I have  used country labels four as the focal element on this card.

I actually started this one by stamping the white embossed border first onto pale blue cardstock before cutting it out with 2 dies from Spellbinders standard labels four.  Next I cut a larger dark blue matt, using Core'dinations cardstock, using the larges die in the set and stamped / embossed the Home Sweet Home sentiment from the same set.  I gently sanded this piece to give it a shabby-ish feel, and foam mounted the frame over it.

The backing paper is from an old Do'crafts goody bag and I simply ran a strip of Lace accent border (spellbinders again) cut in the same Core'dinations cardstock and sanded with a strip of ribbon over the top as I don't like raw edges.

Finally a bow, Hat Pin and old pearl button from my Mums button stash (now my button stash as can't remember last time my mum sewed a button on!) and finished. 

Enjoy...


10 comments:

  1. Very lovey card John, I just adore Labels dies, need more.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card John for its simplicity but I am sorry I have to say 'bin the button!' Sorry can't stand buttons on cards it would have been fine without it, just my opinion you understand. Bit like you and peel offs! Oh and something else you don't like can't think what it was - pastels? :) Enjoy the rest of your week!!

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning John,
    Clean line on this elegant card and great colours as well, like Heather not keen on the button.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John. This is a real classy card. I've been sitting just looking at it for about 5 mins. Beautiful. I for one like buttons. I think this sets the bow off really well.
    Have a good day. Keep cool. Isn't it Hot? Went down to the pool at 9.45 last night just to cool off. It seemed funny swimming in the dark! Quite eerie.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww i love this John, it looks so clean, fresh and has class .

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple and elegant John but yes, the button spoils it, mainly I think because of the colour. Best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely card John. A good thought regarding spellbinders, I have just made a list of my spellbinders as I've seen some really nice stamps that go with them but at the time could never remember which dies I had.!! (does that mean I have too many???- of course not !!). Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hola John
    I too love the simple elegance of this card but I also am in the no button camp. Sorry, I like my buttons on clothes not on cards although at least yours looks neat on the ribbon.
    Have a good day. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John love that this card is simple and very elegant,I like the button if I was to change anything I would move the hatpins to the left of the ribbon,as they are a bit lost where they are ,and they are fab., hatpins
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete