Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Monday, 1 July 2013

Lady Annes Challenge July

Hello All,


It's time again for Lady Anne's Challenge and this month I worked hard to deliver something that suits my style and the brief!  This is what I came up with...

This is my version of a screen card although its hard to see I used white ribbon to attaché the three panels together so that it stands and folds up to be posted.









The beautiful butterfly is a digi stamp from this months sponsors Fred She Said.  They have some beautiful stamps, most of which are available plain as well as coloured.  They also have cutting files for those of you lucky enough to have a computer cutting machine.

This months prize is a $10 gift certificate which will come in handy as it is difficult to only choose one design!

The theme for July is Monochrome, I chose to go with the classic black and white (and shades thereof!)  Monochrome means using different shades of one colour so your entries don't all have to be 'Blanc et Noir'!  Enter the challenge here...

Todays card is made in three panels of Core'dinations card stock in shades of grey and black.  I embossed these with the Do'crafts secret Garden embossing folder and sanded away the colour.  On the white Core'dinations cardstock the underlying colour is black which really highlights the embossing.

I mounted these onto grey then black card and cut a topper for the panel using Spellbinder Antique Frames & Accents die.  This is the frame section I simply cut the top off! 

The butterfly and backer is from our sponsors and comes on a sheet with just the butterfly and flowers giving you decoupage heads something to go at!

Finally I mounted the three panels across 2 strips of grosgrain white ribbon leaving a 1cm gap (using my cutting mat as a guide) to make the screen.  I love this design of card and you can be sure I will feature more options!!  Enjoy...






8 comments:

  1. Fabulous John and good luck with the challenge. Im in love with the lilac card that appeared on my reading list yesterday.It has happened with one of Sue Wilsons cards too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John,
    Beautiful card, very inventive. Good luck with the challenge.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, really classy. Not sure I could re-create it though, bit tricky for me. I only do simple cards.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow !! John how beautiful , i love everything about it and will be looking forward to your other options .
    Well done and Good Luck x

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so elegant John and must surely be a winner, so good luck. Best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice John very elegant! Good luck with the challenge!
    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow !! Love this card John, Good luck. Janice xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW WOW John ,this is Masterpiece ,the idea,the dies, the colour's and the way you used the ribbon,stunning,stunning .The very best of Irish luck with the challenge.
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete