Thursday, 18 July 2013

How Many Die Cuts

Good Morning all,

I recently saw a snippet of a C&C show where Sue Wilson was demoing the Spellbinders twisted metal tags and accents.  I was so taken with the way these dies work with the newer ones I had to have the set!
This arrived just as the Oh was flying in from work in the U.K. for the weekend so this has been sitting on my craft desk just Begging to be used.

 As soon as I returned form the airport I ripped open the packaging and made this...

Now there are quite a few die cuts on this one, over 10 I think, but worth it IMHO.











I started by making a filigree card base using another new die Spellbinders Elegant Labels 4 which I had to add to my collection as I love labels four.  This time however I used Spellbinders Gold Labels four to create a cut out on the front.

I then cut the smallest die in this set which has a great label / ribbon threader and stamped it, in detail white embossing powder, with an old Whimsy stamp.  I then cut 2 of the largest die form the twisted metal tags in cream cardstock and cut these in half.  I edged the sentiment with these, threaded it with matching ribbon and attached it so it 'floats' in the aperture.

Inside I used a collection of all three sets to make an interesting background this is more visible in the next picture. 

I hope this all makes sense although the pictures should help give you a good idea of how I made this creation.


Its hard to see against the white background but all the filigree sections can be seen through!

Finally, I received quite a few questions on yesterdays post however I am unable to respond personally as most people have their comments marked as no reply email address.  Val if you want to email me using the contact me button I can reply also I have news on Pearls and no I don't have all of them!!

for today, enjoy...

9 comments:

  1. You sound like me John. I see a die and have to have!. Now I've seen this twisted metal tags I have to have it. To be honest I can't remember if I have it already....lol.
    I love the construct of your card, it is GORGEOUS. The only thing I would add is another tag to hide some of the ribbon behind the front of the card. Well done on the DT place as well.....Christine in Essex......xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John,
    Your ideas are fantastic i love this card , i know i would never be able to make a card like this without pinching the idea , i have come to the conclusion with reading yours and other blogs i am not using my dies to their best advantage ,{ mixing and matching them up etc } as my old school reports say " i must try harder " So please keep the ideas coming .

    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John, I like the idea of the dies "floating" in the middle of the aperture. A lot of work putting this card together but it has all combined so well. Best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola John
    My goodness you have been busy with the Calibur. I see what Darcy means about the ribbon but not sure you need another die cut on there lol. You have made me look at that metal tags die in a new light. Wasn't too keen before but it may need to go on the list.
    Btw, I am familiar with Leicester especially the Belgrave Rd and its fab shops and food.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  5. STUNNING, love it, well done, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI John, WOW and WOW again. What a lot of work but what a fantastic result. Even with your great instructions i don't think i could manage this. You amaze me.
    I can't seem to get through to your email address at the top of the page but i have passed my e-mail address on the Wendy so maybe you could write first.
    Have a good day. I'm off for another shower as I'm so hot and bothered after walking Gracie.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John,
    Well you have certainly put a lot of work into this card, sorry, not sure it's for a me a bit too busy, I would have left off some of the die cuts, I love the colours.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John STUNNING ,AND WOW WOW ,how you can see a die and come up with something like this amazes me.I love the the way you did the Die so it floats,and the colours are super.
    Thanks for the inspiration.The dies are going on my wish list.
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John

    No wonder you handle on the GC broke! :)

    I just love these two colours together they look so chic. I hope you are managing to fit in your crafting with your new goodies now the OH has returned to the UK - probably hotter here for them! ROFL! Makes a change!

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete