Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Friday, 12 July 2013

Black and Silver

Good Morning,

A few days ago I posted this card and quite a few people commented that they would like to see it in pastels.  I tried but just couldn't get the colours to work, honest!  I will keep trying and see if I can cone up with a pastel version of this filigree card.

Instead, therefore, I started back at basic black, I would call this card a Happy Accident as nothing on it was planned.  I started, after cutting the Filigree base, by cutting a circle out in the centre.  Next I placed a piece of silver Mirri card beneath the aperture when I noticed how nice the sliver looked showing behind the filigree edge.

Next I edged the circle with my bargain gems form the local Chino shop, these come in strips so surrounding the circle with the correct spacing was easy.  Finally I added one of my bows, made with a check and an organza ribbon in black and white, and two of Wendy's hat Pins.  The sentiment was easy as this card looked, to me at least, so celebratory therefore Celebrate ( perhaps that it's Friday!) 

Enjoy...

10 comments:

  1. Oh! My! Word! John this is absolutely fantastic, I love it in those colours.
    I have done a few in pastel colours and for me they look good BUT this is just stunning. Will definitely have a go using darker colours. Your ribbon embellishment is brilliant.
    Happy Friday
    Hugs

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John,
    You certainly give me new ideas to try i just love how you have left a trail of ribbon and i love dark cards

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola John.
    Fabulous card for a chap as its ornate but in a manly way if that makes sense.
    I wouldn't normally dream of ribbon on a fella's card but you could get away with it like this.
    Have a good day. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous again John. Champagne bottles,MMmmm are they unopened?

    If Val from Spain reads this ---Craft fair at Catorce at 4pm till late, I have embellishments for sale too, xxx
    If you come along, please introduce yourself. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy. just left a message on your blog. See you Monday. Val x

      Delete
  5. Morning John,
    Looks good in black and silver, but I'm not a big bow person but love everything else.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John, it's interesting to see the same-ish design in different colours, surprising what works and what doesn't. This one definitely works! Have a good weekend, won't be joining you for a couple of days as I'm off to Summer Crafting at Doncaster for the weekend. Best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John another stunning card,it looks chocolate brown on my screen which would work too .I love the way you did the ribbon.great idea with the mirri card I have tons of it lol
    I think you should put all your cards in a book ,it would sell like hot cakes
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John. Well I'm back in lo Crispin after what seems so much longer than a month away. I've especially missed all the C's. My five Cats, my Computer and my Craft room of course.
    Todays card is so beautiful. Love the filigree die and the use of the gems and really extravagant bow look amazing. Looking forward to seeing what other delights youve come up with in the last month - I know I'm in for a treat.
    Bye Val x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card John, I love the colours, they are very masculine. Hugs, Jen :-) x
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete