Monday, 10 June 2013

Yellow Peril

Sunny Greetings,

As the weather has been so nice in the U.K., and actually pretty warm over here too! I thought I would show something erm warm today.  This is a new colour combination for me (if you can call lots of shades of yellow a combination)  Since I created my Craft Room I have been able to sort out all my stash and find items I forgot I had, this collection of papers and flower from Do'crafts is one such example.

I layered the papers up however instead of cutting them I tore the pieces to give a nice distressed look.  I simply added two strips of plain cardstock cut with a Martha Stuart punch ( another forgotten treasure that I hardly ever used) and a couple of strips of ribbon.



The sentiment, stamped in versamark and embossed in detail white, is from Waltzing mouse Country Labels 4.  I cut the sentiment out with the matching Spellbinders Labels 4 die mounted onto a piece cut with Spellbinders Gold Labels 4.

Also, I have to announce the winner of the Spellbinders die!  I asked Wendy next door to choose a number which corresponded with every comment I received last week.  The chosen number was 17 which correlated to Margaret from France who is one of my email followers.  Well Done Margaret please email me your address and I'll post it straight out!

  The Craft Room sort out has highlighted more goodies I have duplicates of so there will be a big Blog Candy next week along with some other news, Enjoy...

7 comments:

  1. Good morning John. What a lovely sunny card. I had purple peril on display last week but this one is not a peril, its bright and cheery. Love the sentiment.
    Congratulations Margaret and thank you John. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John. Lovely and bright and sunny and just like the weather it makes me feel good. Love all the pretty flowers.
    Congrats to Margaret.
    Love Val xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John
    I dont know if i have told you before , but i tend to stay away from yellow after my first yellow card attempt was just so , shall i say sickly it wasnt warm and sunny looking like yours , But hey ho , no harm in me having another try and if its a disaster , i have only lost a bit of paper .

    Take care
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks gorgeous, love the colour. Congrats to Margaret, happy to have chosen her number. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. John, I love the sunshine yellow card. It makes me feel all summery and fresh. It's amazing that we all have so much craft stuff that sometimes we don't appreciate what we have got until we stumble across them again and use them. I have a drawer full of punches .... cant remember when I used one last.... will have to get them out and see how they work again and hopefully will be inspired like you have been. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a little ray of sunshine you are!! It is lovely especially as the sun has gone here in the UK! Very much appreciated this morning. Now you have us all hooked to see what news you have!!Tempter! You know how to keep us girls (and guys) hooked!LOL!

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John, what a lovely bright card to see whilst catching up after my week away. Such a variety of projects and as for your craft room....I was busy making wedding cards for my mum before I went away as we have three family weddings this year and I didn't have much time before I went to tidy......just shut the door on it. So your room puts me to shame. I have not seen the stamps you have used before but I have noticed them on a few of your cards and the sentiments seem very useful so I shall look out for them. Best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete