Thursday, 20 June 2013

Wot No Sentiment

Hello Crafty Friends,

Today's card is titled Wot No Sentiment as I just couldn't find the right one for this card.  I'm not sure what occasion this could be used for, possibly to hold a gift card or even money ( not that's there anything left in the New Die Fund!).  I like the simple lines and colours of this one so have left it, relatively, plain.

I started by cutting Spellbinders Gold Elements One square die three times along the side of a piece of thick parchment.  I copied this on the other edge and folded the piece to create a gate fold card. 

Next I simply added panels of a bright turquoise Blue behind the embossed / debossed & die cut panels so that shades of the blue would highlight the different areas of the emboss, deboss and die cut pattern.  I love this die as, on parchment, it gives a delicate look with certain areas cut differently.


I didn't want to spoil the front with embellishments but couldn't leave it plain therefore with an offcut I made a wrap for the whole card.  I stamped a spare piece if parchment with a border stamp from Waltzing Mouse and embossed it in turquoise. This was folded around the card, meaning I could use this as a gift card, and embellished the front. 


The flower is cut in felt and coloured with tumbled glass distress stain, the ribbon is from the stash with beautiful hat pins kindly made be Wendy next door (on a side note Wendy has made packs of her hatpins up to sell for charity at the local summer fayre, if anyone wants some give her a shout all the hatpins I use are made by her)  The foliage is form spellbinders which I embossed with a text stamp in the same colour before cutting.

I know this post is a little picture heavy but I wanted to try and give an idea of the different parts.  Enjoy...

9 comments:

  1. Your pictures are always a delight John, as are your cards so you show as many pics as you like. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I told you last night, stunning and beautiful as it is. xxxx
    See you tomorrow afternoon, I,m still going even if you decide not to go. And looked at those rulers too and I NEED one too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John

    Wow you have excelled yourself again, is there no end to your ideas and talent ? I love the felt flower you have stained , your Turquoise ribbon card and pins are all stunning and the more pics you show us the better we can see your work.

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card, and like you say suitable for any occasion. Love the simplicity of the card and the colour combination. Janice

    ReplyDelete

  5. Just simply stunning, love how you have done the sleeve band.

    Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Nothing else to say! Beautiful!
    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John another masterpiece love the effect the velum gives ,the flowers and stick pins are super.This part of the gold elements Die that I find, difficult to make anything with ,will try this idea thanks for the inspiration.
    A very BIG thank you for the fantastic get well soon Card I received to day,and also one from Wendy,it has made my day.
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  8. No need for a sentiment the card says it all. Beautiful, no wonderful card. Love the wrap idea too.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh! My! Word! John this is one stunningly beautiful creation.
    I love everything about it
    Happy crafting

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete