Wednesday, 5 June 2013

Tartan Anyone?

Good Morning,

Sorry today's post is a little late I didn't finish work till late last night!  Todays card is slightly different from what I've been making lately.  It is, deceptively, a simple card.

I started by cutting three strips of card stock using the same Spellbinders bracket borders die.  One each of Deep red, Brown and a tartan page from My Minds Eye.  Next I layered these over each other leaving a centimetre gap.  I made a square card blank using a sheet of acetate, folding the layered up cardstock to create a wrap around the plastic card.

I decorated the front using a simple sentiment I've had for ages (and have to admit don't know where from) on a die cut, in the same colours, using Spellbinders labels die (again don't know which one answers on a postcard please).  This was threaded through a matching ribbon and foam mounted onto the acetate section at the bottom.  Finally I used the spare piece from the tartan inside so that all the layers are visable.

A simple bit of die cutting and voila a card, hopefully, with a difference.  Enjoy...

8 comments:

  1. Hello John

    I'm thinking 'Burn's Night'! Or 'New Year, Hogmanay' I love the tartan it is unusual but festive I think - lovely

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John. This is so effective. Love the use of acetate and the edging dies used thrice. The tartan reminds me of a poplin dress i had when i was a young girl. Really pretty caard.

    Love Val xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John ,
    Yes i agree it is a card with a difference , a clever touch with the acetate , My Scottish friend would love this

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card John, love the design and the beautiful papers.

    Hugs Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely bright card John and dare I say my first thought was . . . . . . . . Christmas! Sorry, I said the C word in June. Those bracket dies are ace.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card John, good colour combination. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John stunning card,and a very different design ,the acetate is a great idea,and the card reminded me of snow, and sitting by the fire drinking hot whiskey lol
    and it is 22 degrees here ,sun shining,so am going to take advantage of it.
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that edge cutter, but have to admit not my colours. xxxx

    ReplyDelete