Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Sunday, 30 June 2013

Sunday Mojo #???

Hello All,

Regular visitors of my blog will remember that Wendy stated on her last Mojo challenge that it was her turn to RESENT me with the goodies.  This week it was her turn again and I am beginning to think she may resent me!  This week I  was given this load of "goodies"...


As you can see it is all pink, now I don't have anything against pink per se however when its a selection of Handmade paper in shades of insipid pink I do feel a little inclined to place the whole lot in the recycling! Joking apart I am not a fan of handmade paper and it comes second on my list of craft don'ts, the first being peel offs, there you go just alienated half my audience!!  I'm sure when fashion changes I will fall in love with these items, fickle aren't I!


This selection is what I came up with...

I got the idea of cutting all the papers into squares and making various patchwork items hence the main card was born.  I wanted to use the "lovely" rose petal paper so decided to try something I haven't made since school namely a woven paper heart basket.  Hopefully everyone will have made these at school, its constructed out of 2 sheets of contrasting card stock which are woven together so that when you open them you have a basket.  I think we made these as Christmas decorations and I may make others for Christmas as I am planning a Nordic, gingham and handmade Christmas scheme this year (yep it's one thing I plan stupidly ahead)

There is also a mini card, folded card and tag, I thought I should make a few items as Wendy told me she was planning on Quantity this week, can't wait to see what she makes!  The die I used was a simple Heart die I have no idea where from, which I used to cut hearts form some gingham fabric I had at the back of a comment.  This is the only item I added to the stash apart from some Papermania roses.

I have added a few pictures to show everything off!  I hope you like I must admit I actually enjoyed the couple of hours I spent crafting this lot!  Enjoy...

1 final thought, It's my turn to crash the goodies for next week Think I'm Felling rather grungy!!! 



Also in 2 weeks time Ita form Ireland will be joining us for the challenge I will be sending out the stash to her later in the week!!

7 comments:

  1. I give in for this one, a stunning collection. This is why I give you stash I know you are not keen on, you always come up with something wonderful. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John,
    Well you have certainly made up lots of goodies for the challenge. Well done.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John a stunning collection,I never saw the woven method,looks fab this would have taken me weeks to make lol
    love all the things you made,now I am going to panic ,about doing the mojo.
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  4. You never disappoint John, even when given a random bag of bits. The heart is gorgeous and I can hear the tutorial requests now.
    Look forward to seeing the trio of moJo creations next week. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done John, a great variety here ,love the square card .

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful selection John, the woven heart bag with the ribbons and roses is the pick of the bunch for me. I remember doing this years ago but for the moment can't remember how to do it, think I have the instructions somewhere. Best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful collection of items John, looks to me as if you are the man to give loads of stash (that you don't like) to. Beautiful. Hugs, Jen :-) x
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete