Saturday, 29 June 2013

Something Different Saturday

Good Morning,

Following on from my stolen post earlier in the week this weeks something different is on the theme of inspiration (or direct copying) from other bloggers.  I have made my version of Becca (Amazing Paper Grace)'s filigree box.  I bought the Enchanted labels 28 die especially in order to make this box.

I wasn't intending to post this however with my GC issues I haven't had the time to finish the other box's I was going to post.

I have changed the design slightly by adding in the offcuts from a piece of brown card into the filigree sections on the lid.  I have used the harlequin embossing folder from spellbinders on the front of the cards and the box.  The panel on the front is decorated with Liquid pearls and is my first go with this amazing product so they are not all uniform (you should see my cake icing it's terrible!) you can tell this in the next picture of the box alone.


I made some simple cards to go into the box with the same Core'dinations cardstock & embossing folder.  The image on the front is one I printed out ages ago from the interweb.  These were simply decorated with some sanding on the embossing and a piece of vintage coloured lace.

Although it looks complicated its quite simple, the tutorial from Becca is here

I have made this in a different size however can't claim the idea as mine!  I will use some time, if I can find any as the summer season is starting here and so my evening job is getting busier, to get my collection of box's finished and photographed!

Enjoy...



9 comments:


  1. Stunning box and cards John.

    Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful! It looks so luxurious and regal! Well done for fessing up! LOL!

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this John. I have Making Boxes as a possible for one of my workshops next year and have collected quite a few sample ideas so this has made my mind up. really nice idea. Best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful John. See you later. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous John simply gorgeous. Becca makes stunning cards but hadn't seen the boxes before.
    Look forward to seeing your others.
    You should have made the imodium cake and practised with the diorolyte icing for the pearl dots lol! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning John,
    Lovey boxes and cards, stunning.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful boxes John. Really nice. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John

    Really nice ,card and boxes

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John you have so much talent ,this box and cards are Stunning ,what a lovely gift it will make for some one.,and the way you present your work with props is superb,
    Any one on here able to help me please ,I want to put John's and all your blogs on to my blog but do not know what to do??
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete