Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Thursday, 6 June 2013

Quick, not simple

Hello Everyone,

Today's card looks relatively simple however simple doesn't always mean quick.  This was a very time consuming card to make, not just sticking on the pearls!

A simple recipe today though, Spellbinders Bracket Borders one was used to create a filigree card (Honest the back is the same as the front.  This had an insert of blue placed behind to highlight the beautiful cuts in the card.  The top piece is made using the Spellbinder M-Bossabilities folder in harlequin design.  I studded this with pearls and foam mounted in onto the card base.

The sentiment is a die and stamp set I use very infrequently, mainly because I don't always get the stamp cut right!  These are from Whimsey Stamps which I stamped in a versamark pad and detail white embossing powder.  The filigree surround is from the same set and I love the way these nest (note to self must use this set more often)

This was foam mounted then attached to the card base on top of a strip of matching ribbon.  The ribbon is another of Wendy's bargains she found 20 colours, 2 20 yard rolls of each for about 20 quid direct from China so we split it!  Expect more ribbon!!!

It took some time but I enjoyed making it, not only because I watched the whole of Cloud atlas while doing it, Enjoy...

9 comments:

  1. Good morning John. Its another cracker.
    Glad you took the time to do it.
    Fabulous. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww but the time taken was so worth it John, its just gorgeous and i love your sentiment .

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW John, your cards just keep getting better and better. This is beautiful. Love the bracket border and the pearls just set the whole thing off.

    Love Val xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good, love that embossing folder. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this card John, from a distance the background with the pearls gives the illusion of being quilted. A lovely design and colours well matched. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John super card and a time well spent on it.I love the pearl and the ribbon,can we send Wendy a list and send her back to the china shop,lol
    Smiles
    Ita.
    P.S. I won a prize on allsorts blog put up by Wendy so looking forward to a package in the post .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning John

    You know I don't think this card looks simple at all and the effect is great. I love the look of it being quilted. I don't have these bracket dies I didn't bother as I had edges but you know the more I see cards using them I think I may add them - I am getting very choosy what I buy now and makes sure that I will actually use them as I have so many that I know I won't use!! I have the harlequin folder and haven't used that yet!! See what I mean? LOL!

    Lovely card John and well worth the time to make it as we crafters will appreciate the time it took.

    Crafty Hugs From Hot and Sunny England
    Heather xx

    p.s. thanks for your continued support of my little blog your comments are much appreciated!! X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely Lovely Card
    Christine in Essex...x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colours you have used for this card John. What a bargain with the ribbon. Karen.

    ReplyDelete