Wednesday, 19 June 2013

Normal Service Resumes

Good Morning All,

Posts have been a little, time at least, erratic over the last couple of days so I thought It was time I resumed normal(ish) service with todays offering!

Todays card is in my classic combination of Red, Black and White and is made using simple plain card although the eagle eyed may spot a bit of glitter, a new departure for me.

I started by cutting the Spellbinders Gold Elements die four times and rotating it on a piece of red card each time (I used a heavy weight card of 275gsm as it needs to be strong to take so much detail)  This did take a little work through my GC but using the magnetic shim technique I showed a few weeks ago helped.  Next I laid this over a piece if black card, in the same weight, and carefully drew around the same swirl on each side ( difficult to describe but hopefully the picture illustrates this).  I then joined up the swirls I had drawn and cut out an aperture using my craft knife (I use a scalpel left over from my college days as they are so sharp and accurate)

I stuck this to a piece of white glitter card then foam mounted the red die cut over this making sure the white area lined up!  Finally I cut the black piece to give a fine line around the red and added a couple more matts of red and black before mounting onto a white card blank.  Hopefully this picture shows the cut aperture and dimension better!

The sentiment is from Whimsy stamps and is stamped with versamark and detail white heat embossed.  I cut this with the matching die and mounted it onto the fancy die that also comes in the set.  I have to admit I have had this set for ages but it's rarely used, don't know why.

No Ribbon, No Bow but still, in my opinion, a detailed card.  Enjoy...

11 comments:


  1. Good morning John. Well all I can say to this card is STUNNING. I love it.

    Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW John what a beautiful card so rich and elegant, love the colours and design.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow again, what a fantastic card. Very dramatic. Love it.
    Chris X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eee John i nearly missed this card, i just happened to scroll down having a re look at what i could copy from your selection and here i am , well tis a pity i cant copy this one as i havent got the die, but gosh it certainly makes a statement does this card ,its beautiful ,just beautiful .

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh John! It's a downhill path for you now you have got hooked on the glitter!! Seriously though a lovely card I love how you have done the background! Neat!

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card John. Love the colour combo. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card John. Gonna try it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous card John, really intricate, you have patience...best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what a stunning card John, I love the colours and the way you have added the white behind to show up through each section. Clever idea. Janice

    ReplyDelete