Friday, 7 June 2013

Lavendar & White


Good Morning All,

It feels like I make a lot of cards in this colour combination, possibly because I have recently finished a job for a client of a friend for 30 handmade wedding invitations in Cream and lavender which may have given me a taste for the colour! 

I will show all the things I made for the wedding when I can get a nice picture ( I spent days on these so want to show them in the best light)


















This card is a two tone filigree base card, difficult to see I know, but the reverse is in lavender card.  The topper is made with Wendy's embossing folder (I promise I'll give this back Wendy and stop using it) I have mounted this onto lavender card that matches the ribbon running down the side.  I studded the points where the pattern meets with pearls then added the ribbon and a strip of flower lace.  This was gathered together with a charm (another Chino Bazar bargain)  The topper is a simple die cut of the Spellbinder Filigree delight die and the sentiment stamped on a cut from Spellbinders Radiant Rectangles (Creative expressions stamp I think. 

A Long method for this one but worth it I think, Enjoy...

5 comments:

  1. Aww it is so beautiful,i think pearls just make a card so special and add a bit of class, i love lavender and i must admit i do use it a lot .
    Have a great weekend John

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! John that is so lovely. Like Elaine I love to see pearls and glue dots aren't the same! Lilac, lavender, purple all shades of this colour are right up my street!

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning John.
    I love anything lilac or purple (as anyone blinded by the butterfly card will
    know) but this card is beautiful. Your photography is top notch so Im sure you will do your wedding commission justice. So looking forward to seeing what you did. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John. This is oh so beautiful. Love the colour and the pearls and Wendys topper makes it just perfect. Such a cute little charm too. Looking foward to seeing all the wedding creations.

    Love Val xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very pretty card John, I like all the mauve/purple shades and use them regularly. I like the way the filigree section stands proud of the rest of the card without being able to see the foam pads behind. Have a good weekend. Janice

    ReplyDelete