Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Friday, 14 June 2013

Green Pearls

Good Morning Friends,

Todays card is another new, possibly weird, colour selection Green.  This is one of those cards that starts out as one thing and becomes Something else.  This was actually, initially, two cards neither of which worked.  I took the background form one and the filigree side base from another.

The background is a piece of Do'crafts shimmer card in aqua which I embossed with the Spellbinders Elite M'Bossabilities folder and studded with the ever present pearls.  I cut the edge of this to match the card base and adhered the background.

Next I added a simple ribbon and bow which I hid the knot with a piece of the background left over.

The sentiment is yet another from Waltzing mouse which I love I really think this is applicable to all of us we must make out own way in life!  with a little help from our friends.

A simple card but I hope you Enjoy...

9 comments:

  1. I love the sentiment and you have made it into a lovely card too. We will be having a drink outside later, bbq, if you two want to join us. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow can i come to live near you and Wendy please ,
    I love the Sentiment,and the edging of the card and such a clever way to hide the knot of the bow .

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning John.
    I love the card but Im not sure about the pea green with the darker one. Like both colours but not sure about them together.
    What time is grub up Wendy? x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John. I like the colours together. The shimmer background really shows off the pearls. These Waltzing Mouse sentiments are great.
    Won't be commenting for a while John as I have to go and stay in my house which is up in the mountains.I have had tenants in who have wrecked it so I need to do a lot of work to get it to the selling stage and with no internet or tele it will be work, work, work. Will catch up when i get back.
    Take care
    Love Val xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. John, I like this card. Works really well and the colours do go together as they are soft muted shades. Lovely. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well with an Irish proverb John you had to use green didn't you!! I'm really liking these sentiments you have found. Best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John all my cards seem to start as something and end up totally different,it frustrates me at times,to days card is very different but works well,I love the edge,and very clever of you to hide the knot that way,the sentiment is super .I hope you can make it ti Wendy's B.B.Q. .It is poring rain here.
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like this card John. I love the colours together they blend really well and I love what you did with the bow. Very nice indeed!

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another fantastic card John, love the embossing folder and of course that wonderful sentiment

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete