Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Monday, 17 June 2013

Elegant Moi?

Sorry this is later than planned guys was waiting for another blog to go live, read on....

Hello,

I have some great news to share today, I have been successful in my application to the House Of Cards design team.  I am really excited to be asked to join this new team and new challenge.  This is based in the U.S of A so the timings will be different from usual but I am, genuinely, so excited about this.  Please Click here to see the other members of the team and click through for their blogs!!

I gained my place, based on this card, which I used for my application, in the Classic and Elegant team (I would never of thought of myself as Elegant but I'll try my hardest, honest!).  Please click on the link to see the challenge blog, there are even prizes for followers, if you've come to my blog from House of Cards, Welcome please feel free to look around!?! lol

To celebrate Today I am showing 2 cards which, Hopefully, match the Classic and Elegant tag as well as my first Blog candy ( coming tomorrow)!!

Firstly this offering...






















This card embodies what makes me happy, Crafting, from the comments I get my friends and family believe that Happiness is homemade.  It may not always be the right colour, style or even very good however the very act of making something or receiving something homemade, I feel, is more personal and cheering than anything shop bought.

This card is made with the filigree Card technique using Spellbinders Enchanted Labels 28.  The sentiment is form Waltzing mouse .






Secondly this card is designed to encourage everyone to enter the new challenge with the simple message "Try It"

It would be great to see everyone entering this challenge as they are wonderful (I've seen some of the inspiration for the challenges, July's is fabulous)

Blog candy to follow tomorrow so check back, all I can say is Enjoy...


John x.





12 comments:

  1. These are both absolutely GORGEOUS, John! WELCOME to the HOC team--I'm so excited to have you join us!!! :) HUGS and happy stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news John, after looking at your creations it is no wonder you were chosen. Your cards today are so beautiful. Look forward to seeing more.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are exquisite! I suppose you won't want to know us now! LOL! Well done John!
    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't be daft Heather I will always need your inspiration (in other words I'm going to keep nicking your idea's lol)

      John xx

      Delete
  4. Blimey John, well done you! Your cards do deserve a wider audience as they are fantastic.
    I did wonder how folks get on these various design teams.
    Congratulations Mr Elegant or is it Mr Classy? Look forward to seeing what is to come. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done you, cards are gorg as usual. Need to see you about somat too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two gorgeous cards John. Fabulous designs.

    Congratulations on your DT spot too.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done John and Congratulations , you must be thrilled , your cards are lovely, i like the colors and style of both of them and have to agree Happiness is homemade , will just away now to have a look at the team ,

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete

  8. Well done for getting your DT spot. Both cards are gorgous.

    Have a good day.

    Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John, WOW WOW and congrats., I am so so Happy For you,you will be an great inspiration to the team and also to everyone who will follow your blog ,and forthe core group who were very lucky to have started and gone on this journey with you.You have inspired me and given me the courage to show my cards Thank You.
    The two cards are stunning ,and the sentiments are great.The next part fro me is to try and put your blog on my page???? I might even enter the "try It challenge .
    Why can Irish people not say something on one line lol
    CONGRATS JOHN.
    Smiles
    Ita
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations John you must be thrilled and not a little proud I'm sure. It must give you a warm glow to know that your efforts are liked by so many other folk. Both of these cards have such lovely designs and I can see the lovely paper in the second one that you showed recently. Congratulations again, best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John
    Many congratulations. They are truly beautiful cards - no wonder they snapped you up!
    Best wishes
    Anne O

    ReplyDelete