Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Tuesday, 11 June 2013

Big 'n Blousy

Good Morning all,

Todays creation started out as a card however I just couldn't get it to work so I changed it into a wall hanging. This is a little different for me I don't usually do Big 'n Blousy everything recently has been filigree and delicate but it's nice to mix things up now and then.   It was designed for a couple who are friends of my mum.  Without going into detail they have been wonderfully helpful after we lost my beloved step father last year.  My mum had a small party on Sunday to say thank you to those who had helped her move home and this was for those who attended!

Simple card, Do'crafts big bloomers and flowers and a plaited ribbon.  The brown card looked a little plain so I stamped gold bee's randomly on it which puts the flowers in focus and stops large expanses of card from attracting the eye.

The sentiment is another waltzing Mouse one (went a little order happy on their website 'cus of the extra hours I've been putting in, 3am finish on Saturday morning)

I thought the sentiment was very apt, Enjoy...



6 comments:

  1. Hi John. This is so lovely and quite sparkly. I really like the sentiment and all the colours go so well together.

    Love Val xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely idea John, beautiful colors and the sentiment says it all.

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good way of using those big flowers, looks great, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely thank you present John. Best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. John, yes I think you are right to do something a bit different now and again. I have just had a go at Zentangle. (look at my blog). The big flowers look good as a wall hanging rather than a card. And yes the sentiment is perfect. Hope your mum is coping ok with bereavement and moving home. New home, new start. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John

    Lovely idea John when you were not happy with it as a card to change it into a wall hanging. i would not have thought of doing that and you know I think it is better than a card with the sentiment you have chosen - something to be treasured.

    Your mum is going through a lot of change perhaps she would like to have a look at the card I did about change the other day bless her I shall be thinking of her, change is never easy!

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete