Tuesday, 25 June 2013

All White...

Morning Friends,

I'm feeling Loads better thanks for all your kind comments and suggestions, I skipped the cake making although would of considered Ang (Mrs Duck)'s suggestion for a recipe on Friday!

Reading through yesterdays comments lots of you raised the suggestion that the second card would have been better made in all white.  That got me thinking that white on white looks really good but I make cards in white very infrequently, therefore todays offering and a bonus!

This card is made using a new die I got form the local craft shop, Its a Nellie Sneddon flower die that cuts the delicate flower in six parts each getting larger.  To create the flower I threaded these onto small brads which allowed me to move the petals until I was happy with the finished result.

There is a sentiment on this but it is very hard to see!  I also tried to copy Sue Wilson's style of pierced edge cards using a piercing ruler I bought at the same time however this isn't very visible either!



Now here's the bonus, whilst I had the white cardstock out I thought I would have another go at yesterdays card using all your suggestions, so here goes, enjoy!


















10 comments:

  1. Hi John, glad to hear you are on the mend. Gorgeous white on white card love that flower die. I have a wedding card to make and this has given me food for thought. The second card is super in white, what a difference from the other one is, sorry, drab colours.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning, John,
    Your cards today are absolutely beautiful!
    Your attention to detail and balance is second to none.
    I do enjoy your work! Thank you for sharing with us all.
    Lis x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Much better than yesterday, these two are so beautiful, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning John,
    Glad you are on the mend. Love today's card even though its showing as beige on my screen .As for the changed what a difference a colour can make much nicer.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John

    Glad you are feeling much better today

    Such a lovely card , love your flowers and how they are placed , And Yesterdays card ,well ? what a transformation . x

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John, what a difference just changing the colour can have on a card. White on white always looks classic, and like you something that I don't often do as I am to tempted to add some colour !!. The flower die is very similar to spellbinders "delicate aster" die, which is my all time favourite die. I use this flower almost every time because it works so well no matter which colour it is in. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are feeling better today John. Two very pretty cards, I like the embossing folder and the flowers on the first one and what a difference a change in colour has made in the second card. Best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John great to hear you are a bit better two super cards to day ,the flowers are fantastic,and what a difference on the second card by changing the colours .they look beige on my computer.
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are gorgeous John! Love the white on white and all the yummy layers. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry Im late today. Glad you're feeling better. Will keep the cake recipe on hold for now lol. The second card looks great now with a change of colour. The first card is wonderful. I too thought of delicate asters.
    Great stuff Mr Lockwood. x

    ReplyDelete