Friday, 28 June 2013

A Simple Thank you...


Hello Blog Friends,

Firstly an update on My Grand Calibur, thank you all so much for the help and advice on this I took the bull by the horns and contacted spellbinders and have a new handle on it's way as we speak!  This is being sent out form the U.K. so may take a while but the wonderful Maggie has come up with an interim solution of using a socket set as a temporary solution and it works!!


Todays card is for all of you as the sentiment really says how I feel about all of you as without the advice and support I received, especially with my Help call yesterday, i'd be lost!


This is a simple card to make using the filigree card tutorial, which can be found here.  A few people have commented that they find this die difficult to cut I always use a magnetic shim, the same size of the die. underneath it and run it through a few times.

The sentiment is another from Waltzing mouse stamped on the centre panel form resplendent rectangle and decorated with the flourishes from Gold elements one.

Please enjoy as this card is for you with my heartfelt thanks!

John x



9 comments:

  1. Glad you got it sorted. Love this card, would make a lovely Valentines with a different sentiment. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John. So glad you got sorted and your interim handle is genius!
    Thanks for sentiment behind this fabulous card. Its nice to know there is crafty help out there. Hope your bug has completely gone now too. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello John

    Thank you for your lovely card John. It is lovely how you have put it together.

    You know that is what I love about the people who comment on my blog as well they are so helpful and kind and I feel they are like an extended family; in your case and another lady who comments on my blog a very extended family she is in LA!

    Have a great day!
    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning John,
    Clever idea for your GC gl=ood to know you have it sorted.
    Very pretty card today.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John,
    You are an inventive crafter, you! Glad the broken handler didn't stop you.
    I really love your filigree creations, made my first one recently, which was much appreciated by my sister in Denmark.
    So thank you for all your inspirational work.
    Lis x

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW WOW John this card is extra stunning and the red is lush so 10 out of 10, I will try it when I I get a bit of time .I am glade that you sorted your G.C. Spellbinders are fantastic with Customer Care, in fact they replaced my G.C. last year ,mind you I only had it 3 months.The handle broke also something inside broke,and they did get a new machine sent from the U.K, so for anyone with a problem deal with Spellbinders direct.
    Enjoy your day John.
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card John, a stunning red and a lovely die used. Glad to see that you're still able to use your gc. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you are getting a new handle sorted John but your inventiveness gets 10 out of 10!! Such a lovely sentiment, thank you for the thought, best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John im back and catching up,

    Lovely card and your sentiment made me smile ,

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete