Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Thursday, 13 June 2013

a Man Card ?!?

Good morning,

Men's cards are not my usual fayre however when I say this stamp set from Waltzing Mouse (Told you I did go a little mad spending on their site) I couldn't resist it! This is my first creation using this set, and I'm not really happy with how its turned out, however I  thought I'd see what my blog friends thought.


This is a gate fold card with the base cut and layered with Spellbinders Bracket Borders one.  The idea of creating a square using the die is one I pinched from the ever creative Mrs Duck, view her original here

The phrase I say old bean just appealed so much to me! so I put that inside (the first picture shows the inside and the right front)

I'm not sure I did the stamp justice but I'll keep trying! Enjoy...





















9 comments:

  1. Fabulous! It made me laugh John the words on the card too. I think it is fine and yes definitely I would make it for a man.

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John

    Well i think its great ,Fab, stop on . I love it !!

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John. Love the colours and the concept and great words.
    Love Val in Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you have done a great job John, we are all so critical of our own work aren't we? Best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John, you pinch away!
    Glad you explained the first pic as I wasn't sure of the orientation and then the second pic made it clear.
    Great card for the fellas as they are an awkward bunch, unless they have a specific hobby.
    Thanks for your lovely comment today but Im sure there will be some Sue Wilson fans that won't agree, lol.
    Fab staging again. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. John, whilst I like the stamp and sentiment I personally feel that the card swamps these. I don't know if it is the colour ways or the size of the card that does this, but it is just my opinion....please don't take offence. I find it extremely difficult to make cards for men unless they have an interest in anything. Keep up the good work. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John I think the cars is lovely,and would make it for a man,your camera skills are fantastic,the little bottle and pen are superb.
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Morning John,
    I am going back through the cards I have missed on your Blog.
    I like what you have done with this one.
    I do not like doing men`s cards, I think you have done a fantastic job with this one
    Happy Crafting

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete