Wednesday, 12 June 2013

a LITTLE more me

Good Morning Crafters,

Firstly I would like to send smiles over the  water to Ita who is in Hospital in the emerald isle, she has become a good friend through my blog and has supported loads of crafters / bloggers, get well soon.  There is a picture of a card made by Ita in the follower gallery here, if you would like to add a pic of your own creation into my gallery just email it over to me!

Back to today, I thought I should post a little card that is more me, I enjoy making all styles of card but recently the ones I have enjoyed the most are these styles...

This card really is a little card made using the filigree card method and Spellbinders Ribbon Threader die, It only measures about 15 x 8 cm's!  This die I purchased on offer for less than a tenner on eBay, I don't think it was a particularly popular one.  I have to admit I struggled with it however for a small folded card it's perfect.

I used Spellbinders labels 4, Foliage and Bitty blossoms as well as the harlequin embossing folder and simply layered things up.  The sentiment is, again, from Waltzing Mouse, and although I have already featured this sentiment this week I thought it was perfect for this card which is now winging its way to Ita in Ireland.



The only new technique on this one is the addition of the chocolate card behind the cut outs which, I feel, balances out the chocolate on the front.  I like it, especially the unusual combination of teal / turquoise and chocolate brown, and hope you do too,

Enjoy...

8 comments:

  1. Good morning John. I had wondered why Ita had not posted on her blog.So sorry to hear the reason why. Im sure receiving one of your lovely creations will cheer her up and I shall wish her well from here. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. Yes I too wondered what had happened to Ita. Best wishes for a speedy recovery Ita. I'm sure this beautiful card will make her feel much better. Turquoise is my alltime favourite colour as you would know if you look in my wardrobe. Beautiful card with beautiful sentiment.
    I'm making a list of all these lovely dies so i can give you a list of the ones I would like to borrow!!!
    Have a lovely day everyone.

    Love Val xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anytime you want a lend Valley just give me a shout OH here tomorrow so airport duties wendy is borrowing a stack of dies as I only craft when home alone lol
      John x

      Delete
  3. Hope you get better soon Ita,

    Ita will love your card John, it is unusual colors but they all go well together ,so pretty .

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get better soon Ita. A simple but lovely card John, I think brown and blues always look good together. I prefer strong colours to pale ones so for me this card is perfect. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. My best wishes to you Ita and I'm sure she will love this card John. I like smaller cards though sometimes they can be more difficult to compose!! Kind regards Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi every one thank you all for the best wishes.J I am out of Hospital.J ohn this card is super,I am running out of words to describe your works of Art.I will catch up on all your blogs soon.
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete