Tuesday, 4 June 2013

A Little More Me!

Hello,

Yesterdays card got a very mixed reception I do have to agree with many of my commenting friends it really wasn't very me.  With a design team you have to make a card of their style using one of the images provided.  I have to admit that although I am quite pleased with the colouring  job it's not something I enjoy.  I promise, however, that next months design team card will be more my style.  I also have some news on  that front which I will impart when I'm allowed.

Back to today and I hope everyone likes this creation, its a new colour choice for me but I kinda like it!

This is made with a backing paper I printed off ages ago, I think it may be one I made from a picture of a wallpaper sample.  The topper is a mix of three of the different dies in the spellbinders resplendent rectanles I used the largest, second largest and the oval in the middle.  Whilst in the die I used distress ink in a green colour (something sage I think) to take the edge off the cream card.

This was mounted onto the backing which had three strips of a jade ribbon lined on it. tied in the middle.  I used the cut out from the big panel and coloured it the same way before stamping the sentiment (Waltzing mouse I think but not sure!)

The card was finished with Do'crafts leaves and flowers in a dark green, pearls and a mat of matching green card before, finally, being foam taped to a handmade pearl card blank.

Before I sign off (as its getting late as I usually post last thing at night to go live when I get up in the morning) I wanted to make a shout out to Ita from Ireland. 

Ita has been a wonderful supporter, Correspondent and, hopefully, friend since I started my blog.  It seems that every blog I stumble across I seem to find that Ita has got there before me, she now has her own blog and can now, finally, have followers.  It would be fantastic if you could take a few minutes to go and have a look at, and perhaps follow, her blog and return some of the lovely comments we have received!  her blog is Food and Crafts here

Hope no-one minds the plug, Enjoy...

7 comments:

  1. Hi John,
    A lovely card the backing paper reminds me of some wallpaper my granny had many years ago, i must say you are giving me some lovely new ideas John ,i would never have thought to put three strips of thin ribbon together, i really like the effect ,i think im a bit of a magpie hope you dont mind .

    Take care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John. This is more like you. Beautiful colours. Never think of using green but coupled with cream it really works.Like Elaine, I love the three strips of ribbon and what an unusual sentiment.

    Thanks to Wendy for the info on Crocheting.

    Took my son back to the Airport last night so a bit teary at the moment as I won't see him now until the end of the year.

    Just nipping over to see Ita's blog.

    Take care.

    Love Val xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card John love the detail.

    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John, I like this card, the way that you have raised the sentiment with flowers behind is lovely. Although I like green and use a lot (especially with flowers) I don't often use a dark green, but I must admit it looks good on your card so perhaps I will dig some out of my stash and use next time. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John first a big thank for your mention of my blog, your card today is a Wow,the design is super and I just love the way you use the ribbon.I have used dark green befoure and it looked good,but have not used it for a while.that was the time I could not use my camera lol.
    Thanks for the inspiration
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello John

    Your card is a dream! Such soft gentle colours that touch the mind at a deep level. Beautifully made and I feel very drawn to it.

    Oh! BTW if it is any consolation you beat Ita to my blog! ROFL!

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John
    Lovely elegant card. Gorgeous backing paper. . . . its the kind I like to stroke rather than use!!!
    Have a great evening.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete