Wednesday, 1 May 2013

Turned another corner...

Morning,  This corner die from Spellbinders Gold elements one seems to have made quite a few appearances lately, I really do seem to have a habit of working with a die de jour!

I have tried making this style of card quite a few times and taken it apart a few as well!  The corner has been cut four times two stuck straight onto the patterned background.  This was then matted onto the same mocha card followed by a red layer to echo the background in the Papermania capsule collection paper.

The main focal element is another deeper pattern of the paper from the pack with a wide stripe and knot of a deep brown satin ribbon.  This was then mounted onto Kraft paper which gives a lovely crisp line where the ribbon wraps round.  This was mounted on the base and two more corners stuck over the focal element covering the corners, an interesting twist I think, Enjoy...

3 comments:

  1. Good Morning John,
    Lovely card and use of dies, my favourite colour too.
    Chris X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John, i love browns/ mocha and all earthy colours, and to be honest i would never have thought to put them with red ,however yours works really well and i just love your ribbon .

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning John,lovely card and the colours work very well,I love the twist of this card,this is a die that I thing you and I will use a lot.I love the way you put the spools of thread etc., next to the card.Thanks for the inspiration.
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete