Tuesday, 21 May 2013

True Blue

Good Morning,
A different colour story for me today especially as I have a new die and didn't instantly reach for the red or black!  This is made using the filigree card technique fr0m Amazing Paper Grace here, and is something I've been meaning to try for ages!



If you looked at the tutorial all I can say is I just wish I could get my pictures as good as hers!

The card is made with plain blue cardstock (from Lidl of all places) with the Spellbinders Enchanted Labels 28 die and decorated with matching blue gems.  The centre panel is cut with a sheet of My Minds Eye paper from my stash, with a dark blue mat both cut with the same die with the filigree section cut off.  All Spellbinders dies have a rim around them when embossed, I use this to cut the shapes out, to create a matted look I trim  either side of this line.

The top element is cut with Spellbinders labels 4 in dark and light blue with other sections of the paper cut with the die then cut along the impressed line.  These were mounted using foam tape facing opposite directions.  Finally I used the smallest die in the Enchanted labels 28 to make a tag for the sentiment (from creative expressions) and dressed this with flowers, with matching gem centres with the cherry blossom die, a strip of ribbon and a bow finishes the look.

I had a few questions yesterday about how I make my bows.  I use a wooden bow maker from eBay that cost me £1, simply search eBay for bow maker and you will find it, all I did was play around with it to see what different bows I can make! 


Enjoy...

5 comments:

  1. Hi John. Stunning card. I am in awe.Just had a peak at the tutorial which is fantastic as well.
    Just looked at yesterdays card which is really pretty. Had some nasty bug yesterday which resulted in me spending the day between bed and bathroom but apart from a headache feel ok today.

    Bye for now Val x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have finished it wonderfully, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John

    A great card today ,love the colors and the style .
    I will search E/bay later for the Bow Maker .

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really nice card John, Blue and brown work so well together. Love the die and what you have achieved with it. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi John fantastic card i just love that blue I would not thought to use brown with it ,but it works,thanks for the inspiration
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete