Saturday, 25 May 2013

Something Different Saturday

Todays something different is a quick one as it's 11pm Friday night and I've made this after work (finished at 10pm!)

This is inspired by Val, one of my lovely followers whom I met today and is just as lovely in person.  Val came across my blog from Hope and Chances and the ever talented Christine Emberson.  Bizarrely she happens to live in the village to where In work in Spain and came in to say hello today.  Val said her favourite thing I had made recently was last Sundays challenge and the box I made, view it here

This different creation is a couple of candles I decorated in the same way however, as Val said yesterday, I had to use some of the bargain pearls I bought.

These are electric candles bought from Primark so can be lit, as in this, badly taken, photo





I have added a picture of the detail on these which is simply a bow, hand made rose and butterfly, Enjoy...
























9 comments:

  1. Hi John. Lovely to finally meet up with you yesterday. You are just as lovely in person as you come across in your blog.
    You've no idea how happy todays creation has made me. Such a BEAUTIFUL candle decoration with of course the bargain pearls. Love the bow and the precise placing of the butterfly so the pearl matches the pattern. Very clever. As I said yesterday, I knew you must have had some artistic training.
    Anyway John, lovely to meet you and keep up the good work kepping us bloggers happy.

    Love val xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John

    I had two of these candles for a Christmas present last year ,i never even thought to dress them up, yours are lovely ,i have the embossing folder and the butterfly also ,so now all i need is the time ,I am away now for a few days but will catch up with you when i get back and then i will dress up my candles . Have a lovely weekend

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have excelled, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful candles. A easy way to make an inexpensive candle look expensive. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John what a great idea they are stunning,and of course the pearls add to it ,love the butterfly.Wendy could start a little mail order system,she could buy the pearls and we could buy them from her.
    How very nice for yourself and Val to meet it is a small world.
    Smiles
    Ita
    P.S. the candles would make a fantastic gift for any occasion,thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello John

    I have just discovered your blog and I have to say your projects are lovely especially the candle wraps. I too decorate candles more at Christmas time though but I may do some through the year, you have inspired me to follow your blog.

    You might like to take a peep at mine I have only just started up so need all the support I can get! ROFL! You know how it is I am sure!

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather, Cant seem to connect to your blog, what's the address I'll pop straight over!

      John x

      Delete
  7. Your candle wraps are absolutely beautiful, the colouring of them is wonderful. I just popped in from Ita's blog and have been to Hope and Chances blog and I am just about to visit Spanish Crafter. It was just by chance that I stumbled across these blogs through Ita's blog as she comes and visits me. lol I would love more followers if you would like to come visit. Hugs, Jen :-) xx
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning, absolutely stunning, I really must have a look for similar candles.
    Your creations would make fantastic gifts for Christmas or any time actually depending on the colours you use.
    Thank for the inspiration.

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete