Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Saturday, 11 May 2013

Something Different Saturday

Filigree Delight Picture Frame,

Good Morning all,  Todays do something different Saturday is thanks to Ita in Ireland,  I received an email from her one night this week with the words "will I ever get away from this design?" this was in reference to our shared habit of using the Gold Elements One die on everything as she had sent me a picture of one of her designs.  This statement got me thinking I seem to have been swimming in the Spellbinder Filigree Delight Die and I thought one more hurrah with this then it goes away.  Don't get me wrong a couple of next weeks cards (I try to have a weeks worth made and photo's ready) will probably feature this die cut but I promise I'll put it away!

I originally bought this die as I thought it would make some great 3D creations, therefore I played around until I worked out this 3D triple frame.



This is made in three separate panels, two are picture frames with acetate covers, two layers of the frames are sandwiched with foam tape, this can be seen better in the next picture...  I sandwiched these in panels so that the filigree is stable but also see-through (hence the picture taken on my balcony so you can see natural light through it)

The centre panel is made in the same way however instead of an acetate front this has been decorated with handmade roses, leaves and a bow.  All panels have been decorated with cream flat backed pearls (on both sides so that the back looks nice too)    I thought that this panel could be used for a sentiment, perfect for a wedding or engagement gift with the date on the centre panel perhaps?


Tutorial is Here if anyone fancies making one, Enjoy...

5 comments:

  1. Oh i am blown away, How superb is this ! i will just have to get this die John ,i have a 50th wedding Anniversary later this year just the thing to put my special photos in, to display .

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John I am speechless,not usual for me ,this card is a piece of Art,your tutorial is superb .I do not have this Die but I will buy it ,as I have lots of Wedding Cards to make this year, my daughters friends have picked this year for their weddings.I am still using GOLD ELEMENTS but I am going to rest them after the week end ,
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  3. John, what a FANTASTIC idea !!! Absolutely beautiful and yes I will be copying your idea again to make one for myself. Thanks Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superb, gorgeous, stunning, what else can I say?. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant Idea once again John, I haven't got this die yet but might work with another one that is similar. I will definitely have a go. Thanks, Chris X

    ReplyDelete