Saturday, 4 May 2013

Something Different Saturday...

Hello,

 as you may have gathered by now ideas float around my head for weeks before I actually do anything with them a large number of them never make it past the idea stage.  This is what happened with this idea, making die's into stamps!

These are the cards that I made with paper created by this stamping techniques.  On the second card I have used the stamp I made for the background as the centre piece.



 I was cutting a Spellbinders die with funky foam just to see what it looked like when I realised that the end result was like some of the children's stamps I had seen.  This led to trying it out, here is the first attempt using Spellbinder Gold Elements one die I started to create a background which I used for the first card.

I'm sure you can all come up with clever ways to use your dies as stamps, I hope it works for you

Cut the die using funky foam and a magnetic sheet
Do Not emboss as this flattens the foam
Adhere to an acrylic block (I used 2 layers of foam and a rock a block from Crafters Companion)
stamp to your hearts content,  Enjoy...

6 comments:

  1. Hi John,
    What a great idea, imagine what your could do with all your favourite dies. Thanks for sharing.
    Chris X

    ReplyDelete
  2. You clever little sausage. These look great, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John

    What a great idea you have come up with , i will have a go later, your samples are lovely .

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John. Great idea. the sky's the limit.

    Love Val in Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John what a clever idea the possibilities are endless ,and make such fantastic background,just one question what is funky foam????
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  6. John, what a great idea. Thanks for sharing with everyone... I bet we will all be die cutting shapes and stamping over the weekend. Janice

    ReplyDelete