Wednesday, 29 May 2013

So Simple

Good Morning Happy Crafters!


I have to admit that I haven't been making much recently, just haven't had the patience (which isn't
like me) however on Sunday I was able to jump start my Mojo with some simple stamping...

This card is made very simply with Spellbinders Fancy labels die which I cut from a sheet of heavy cream cardstock.  I used distress Ink on the negative piece then mounted this onto a card base made in the same cardstock, mounted onto Dark Blue.  I stamped the top with a swirl, from Do'crafts bird stamp set, which is echoed on the back piece (if you look carefully you will see the lines!

The die cut shape was distressed with the same ink and mounted on two pieces of foam to give more dimension, on top of a piece of brown Core'dinations cardstock cut with the Spellbinders foliage die then sanded.  The rose is made with a light blue card with Spellbinders Bitty Blossom largest die (borrowed from Wendy)  For You Stamp, which I have no idea where from, was stamped on a die cut centre form the same set and voila a simple card . 

Enjoy...

9 comments:

  1. Good morning John. An elegant card where less is certainly more. I love my Bitty Blossoms and foliage dies. Very nice and I love how you photograph your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John, Lovely card, simple but elegant. I like the Blue flower, not a colour I would normally use but Love it.
    Chris X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John. This is exquisite,soooo classy. Love the blue and brown together and the bitty blossom flower is a dream.
    My son arrives on Friday for a weekend visit-very excited. My daughter in law should have been coming as well but their Springer Spaniel has just had her first litter of pups. They were only expecting two but NINE have arrived so can't leave their care to their very obliging neighbour.
    Have a good day.

    Love Val xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning John!

    love this card I really like the way you have coloured the edges of the rose and distressed the die very effective and as Ang says I too like the way you have photographed the card really sets it off!

    I might 'pinch' this idea from you that is if you do not mind! ROFL!

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So effective, love this card, Bitty Blossoms are a huge favourite of mine :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love bitty blossoms ,and your card looks so clean and fresh ,i like how you have put the sentiment label over the leaves , i will be trying this idea .

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  7. A simply stunning card John. I like the idea of making just a small centre piece to the card, which draws your eyes in. I haven't done this design before of leaving the cut out die piece in the background before but will try soon. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  8. good Afternoon John Classy and Stunning,proving that less is more,we all need a card like this as it is not as time consuming as more busy cards thank you for the inspiration
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete