Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Wednesday, 8 May 2013

Shirley Birthday

Good Morning all,

Today's card is the one I made for Shirley (at work)'s birthday.  Working in a Card and Gift shop it's difficult to make a card for a colleague as we see virtually everything available!  However this does make the job somewhat easier as we discuss which we like and which we don't!  I know Shirley really does not like fussy over embellished cards so anything for her has to be stylish yet simple, here's what I came up with...

The main focal element is the Spellbinders Filigree Delight die that seems to sit permanently on my craft desk, I'll find a new favourite soon sorry!

This was cut twice in white card and layered over each other to give the idea of a square.  I mounted this onto another piece of the First Edition Floral Pavilion paper, this one is a fabric feel paper and is really tactile, it reminds me of an old chintz sofa fabric (more of that later in the week)  I matted this onto a square of white card, then a pink Do'crafts paper and finally mounted it onto a square white card blank. 



The sentiment is stamped onto the same paper as the background and cut with 2 dies from the Spellbinders Radiant Rectangles (the backing one in white which has a lovely pricked outline)  Finally I finished the card with 6 heart gems (hope Shirley doesn't count this as over embellished) and a pink ribbon.  Enjoy...

Also a shout out to Val in Spain, one of my followers and frequent (lovely) commenters, bizarre as this sounds we have probably met as she lives about 7 minutes from me!  The shop I work in is the Card and Gift Shop Quesada, down the alley before the Sol Bank, pop in next time your in the village and say Hi!

4 comments:

  1. Hi John. I'm sure Shirley will be delighted with this beautiful card. Must tell you my birthday and maybe you'll make an equally lovely one for me!!! I love the effect of the filigree delight die you often use and I'm actually back to the Uk on Friday just for the weekend and that die is top off my very long list. I'm coincinding my visit with the HSNW craft show. SOOO excited.

    Oh wow, fancy you working there? I'm sure i must have seen you but I'll call in next week. To be honest I found you through Christines blog and didn't realise you lived in Spain for a week or so. Small world eh. Looking forward to meeting you.

    Love Val in Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John

    First off how lovely that Val is going to see you in person, i am so envious you will be able to have a good crafty chat .

    Your card is a delight John not fussy at all but just the right touch , love the papers you have used for the background and then the sentiment .

    Take care

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card John, love it.

    Hugs Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John it is a small world that Val lives so near you and knows the shop,it will be nice for both of you to meet.I adore to days card, it is very classy and Shirley will love it,I agree with you about the backing paper, very Laura Ashley .
    Big Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete