Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Thursday, 9 May 2013

Happy Birthday Dad!

Hello, 
a different offering today than my recent fare, this is my Fathers Birthday Card.    This is a multilayer affair of embossing, stamping, die cutting and inking distressing which matches perfectly for my dad as he is always tinkering and fixing things (usually stripping things down and leaving them in his underbuild, driving my Wicked Step mother mad!)lol

Interesting techniques on this card are the pocket watch and Dad label IMO.  The Dad is stamped onto shrink plastic
the pocket watch looks like its made of metal and it, kinda, is.  I used aluminium car tape (used to seal exhausts I think) which you can get from pound shops etc.  I covered a thin piece of card with the tape then ran the sheet through a Do'crafts embossing folder. 


This was then cut out from the sheet to give the individual watch.  Not much else to say on this one, Enjoy...

6 comments:

  1. Hi John,
    This is a great card for men, I love the way everything is layered up. You have given me some great inspiration for Father's Day coming up.
    Chris X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great 'man' card John, very much your style, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John. I LOVE this. Really grungy - not something I've tried. So many delightful elements and I'm sure that's a photo of John Lennon! I bought some alumimium tape a few weeks ago as Sam poole had done something extraordinary with it. However it's lounging in a drawer together with shrink plastic and many, many other things bought but not used. Are other people like me?

    Back on Tuesday. Have a geat few days.

    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John

    Cor what a great card you have done your Dad will love it ,You have so much going on and it all fits into place perfectly ,Love it !

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John this card is stunning,and very,very different you have used so many different elements ,and they work very well.Using the tape is a great tip.your Dad will be very happy to get this card,super work.
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete