Friday, 10 May 2013

For Wendy

Good Morning,

Wendy was looking through some papers I received the other day, these were My Minds Eye and I bought them on Special Offer from craft superstore (brilliant products and Prices but crap delivery last order took nearly 6 weeks!)  Anyway Wendy remarked that although she loved a particular sheet she wouldn't want to cut into it!  I decided that I should really stop collecting paper I like and actually use it therefore this card was born!

I used one side, with the patter which is glittered (difficult to see in the picture)  to create a banner running down the middle mounted wih foam tape.  This was mounted onto a piece cut from the other side which is a soft lined print with a distressed feel to it, matted onto Core'dinations paper which I sanded at the edges.  Next I layered 2 strips of antique coloured lace over the whole and added a strip of wool I got from the Chinese shop which has a lovely faded colour (I used the same wool on this post and its easier to see) .  I mounted this onto a cream card base made again from Core'dinations paper.

The topper is cut from corrugated card I cut from the box the paper came in using a Sizzix heart die that I've never used before.  The Sizzix dies are great for cutting thicker materials!

I decorated the card with a swirl and handmade flowers,  Enjoy...

4 comments:

  1. Hi John,
    Lovely Card, I agree about the paper, I certainly have many favourites that I don't want to use, and do photocopy some to use on projects on a good quality card.
    Have a good weekend.
    Chris X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You it is gorgeous as per usual. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John

    Why is it we crafters do not want to spoil a beautiful paper by cutting into it ?

    Your Card today is super i keep meaning to use some corrugated card so must give it a go

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John ,first you have made my day, a letter in the post and when I opened it there was that stunning card from ,it is fantastic,and a very big thank you.
    Your card today is very different and I love it,all of it, and yes why are we crafter's so attached to some card stock and paper we will not use.John you have given me inspiration today thank you,because at the moment I seem to be stuck on one design of card.
    Big Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete