Wednesday, 22 May 2013

Feel better soon...

Morning, 
Another filigree card today made, once again, with my new Enchanted Labels 28 die.  For this one I've gone with a colour mix that isn't that usual for me, cream and Lilac / pink.

I was really struggling on what to put in the centre of this card until I received yesterdays comments.  Two of my blog friends have taken to bed over the last couple of days so I thought I would send Ita and Val some Get Well Wishes, therefore this ones for you ladies!
 I started by making my base card with the Enchanted Labels 28 die from Spellbinders using the technique I linked yesterday, which I decorated with stick on pearls. Wendy found a brilliant supply of these in the local Chinese Bazar at just €1.50 for around 150 pearls, so I bought 5 packs (better see if I can do some more Bar shifts! lol)  The centre panel is cut with Core'dinations cardstock which I then embossed with the Spellbinders Elite M-Bossabilities folder then sanded and pearls added at the centres of the design.

I wrapped a strip of white ribbon (another Chinese bazar bargain at €2 for a 20m roll) around the panel and mounted it onto the base card using foam tape.  The sentiment panel was cut with the centre piece form the Filigree delight die, embossed and sanded which then had a panel of the cream card stamped with the message, from Whimsy stamps, and mounted onto the base.  I added the fancy tag, cut in two, from the filigree delight die behind the lilac ellipse before mounting this again with, you guessed it, more foam tape.



Finally I added a few flowers cut with some punches I bought on eBay a few years ago in the same Core'dinations which I sanded and centred with more pearls. The bow on the side is made with my bargain bow maker and finished.


 A time consuming card but, I think, worth it!  Get well soon ladies, Enjoy...

7 comments:

  1. How kind of you John,

    The Ladies will love it ,as it is a beautiful card .

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW John, I'm so honoured and delighted with your Get Well Wishes, it's made my day. Feeling Okish today thankyou. Such a beautiful card - love the filigree and your very pretty flowers
    I too have found the Chinese Bazar and the pearls are amazing value.
    Hope to see you soon.

    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really pretty card John, I love this die, I can see me heading off to the shops soon. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi John what a kind man you are I am also honoured thank you.I am still crocked .
    WOW WOW the card is stunning and the colours are so different but work so very well.Labels 28 is a fantastic Die that I have not used enough,but will have a go when I am better.The pearls and flowers and bow give it a lovely finish .Great shopping Wendy,so I guess more pearls tomorow lol
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a gorgeous card John. Well done, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card John and a lovely thought to send it to some friends who are under the weather. Love that cheery hot pink and cream together.
    Julie Ann x

    ReplyDelete