Monday, 13 May 2013

Chocolate and Black

Good Morning,
Today´s card is a simple die cut affair that didn't start out that way!  This card was originally the base for the topper on the card in this post I just couldn´t get it to work it looked so unbalanced (those of you I´ve spoken to about my creative ethos know I have a real thing for balance, probably my art school training)  Rather than just throw it away I cut out the topper and remade the card as shown in the linked post above. 

That left me with the question what to do with the bit left over.  I decided to play with the Spellbinders Radiant rectangles die and started cutting various options in the same brown shade along with black.  I often cut new dies in black or white as, for some reason, it gives me a feel for the shape.  I started layering these up until I found a nice, balanced, design and simply added the stamped sentiment which says " Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes, Art is knowing which ones to keep" a really apt statement for this one I feel!  I think the stamp is from Creative Expression (I love their stamps and have far too many waiting for a premiere) 

The background is cut with the Spellbinders Gold Elements one Die and criss crossed over the same colour base.  Enjoy...



4 comments:

  1. Hi John,
    I love the colour combo, Black always gives a very striking look to cards and these particular dies give such a crisp cut, I love them.
    Chris X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks gorgeous and the sentiment so meaningful too, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John

    Your Chocolate and Black works , i must give it a go i love the sentiment and the dies used

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John stunning card,I love the black and brown ,it jelled very,I have used used craft paper,so I must set my self a task using it ,but will have to buy it first lol
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete