Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Friday, 5 April 2013

Tim Holtz(ish)


A totally different offering today, this card is based on the designs, and dies, of Tim Holtz,  I love his stuff and distress Ink is a real gift to crafting.  I have tried quite a few of his style of shabby designs however they always seem to come out a bit dark for me.  this Gatefold card however is one I really like.

The main element is cut with the Sizzix Tim Holtz sewing room die in 2 layers of cream and brown card.  |The wings are cut with a sheet of copper as is the heart.

The inside has another of the mannequins cut in book paper to show a different approach.

A little different from what I have been making but a change is as good as a rest!  Enjoy...

6 comments:

  1. Nice card John.I like the chosen colours.
    I bought you a little pressy yesterday. See you Saturday. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know whether i was frightened by a mannequin as a child but they terrify me. However if i put my hand over that part the rest is a lovely card.

    Val in Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Card John,
    I too find some of Tim Holtz designs dark, but the colours you have used here go together really well. Great Card.
    Chris X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John

    Love the colours you have used ,and how you have put it all together, but really not my cup of tea . ( sorry )

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card John..Love your design...Lozzy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John - this is a gorgeous card and definitely my type of creation! I'm a fellow member of Lady Anne's Challenge DT so I saw your card and decided to check out your blog. I love your cards and am a fan of Spellbinders as well! I have become your latest follower.

    Crafty hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete