Saturday, 13 April 2013

Something Different Saturday !

Morning all, 

For todays something Different I thought I´d have a go at a plaque.  My Mum is shortly moving house so when I saw this plaque in my bits and bobs box (I keep a collection of charity shop and other finds in a large box to up-cycle or change when I get the chance)  I realised this would be perfect as a house warming present.  I matched the colours to the gift I made her for Mothers day, which can be found here, namely Lilac and White.

This is what the base looked like before I started painting, using acrylic paint I mixed a deep violet colour and roughly coated the front with colour.  I then carefully, using one of my sausage fingers, coated the whole thing with Anita´s tacky glue.  This was finished with a coat of white acrylic paint and heated to make the top coat crack, which really can't be seen in the pictures!

Next I distressed the edges with sandpaper and purple distress ink (I must learn the names of the colours, I just grab) 

I then simply added a handmade paper rose using Christine's technique here in core´dinations paper, some foliage with the Spellbinders Foliage die and various bits of ribbon and lace from my stash.

Finally I added the word HOME which I cut in black vinyl using my Craft Robo.  The craft Robo is a brilliant, if expensive, tool however I don't have the patience to cut paper with it preferring to use my Grand Calibur however it cuts vinyl like butter.

This was going to be made using my fabric flowers with a tutorial of how I make them but as the OH is over this week from the cold U.K. I ran out of time!

Tomorrow Sunday Mojo may be a little late as well as I have airport duties but it will be here.  Enjoy...

7 comments:

  1. Stunning plaque, brilliant paint technique - what a lovely gift for your mum :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great gift for Mum John, love it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How thoughtful is this ? your Mum will love it .

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the plaque John. Your mum will be delighted.

    Val in Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John love the plaque, it is a great idea,and a lovely gift for anyone moving home.Thank you for the link to card making magic.
    Regards
    Ita in Ireland

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous John, look forward to you flower tutorial

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really nice John, and what a good way of re-cycling. Janice

    ReplyDelete