Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Saturday, 6 April 2013

Something Different Saturday

I have always been really inspired by Christine Emberson's Friday Die Day on her blog where she shows how to use a different Spellbinders Die every Friday.  I wanted to do something similar, not Dies (as I could never match her level of skill or dedication) but Something.  Having spent a lot of time thinking, most of it in bed as I wait for the alarm to hit 7am, I have come up with Something Different Saturday.

What I want to do with this is to showcase a different handmade item each week, whether that be a box, card fold, plaque etc.  Therefore every Saturday I intend to show a project that is a little different from the standard card fare! 

I love reading tutorials supplied by so many excellent crafters however when the post has loads of photos it can be quite annoying to me as I like to quickly view the project, then spend time following the Tutorial separately.  I intend to show the item and a brief instruction on my main blog page, then the tutorial will be linked and listed on my new tutorials page giving you the option to look at either just the item , just the tutorial, or if you are a glutton for punishment both!

#1 is today and I have been busy beavering away at a handmade writing set, and here it is!

The box is made from pieces of chipboard cut from old hard backed books that are losing their pages and so are thrown away at work, my own basic idea of recycling!  The pieces of card are covered in DoCrafts capsule collection papers in Browns and beiges, how they are stuck down makes the covers.  The Dream is cut in Core'dinations cardstock from an old Sizzix die mounted on the centre section cut from the Spellbinders A2 Filigree Delight Die ( my current favourite)  This is then edged in Old Linen Distress Ink and finished with Cream / off white ribbon.

The Inside of the set contains a writing envelope box containing sheets of cream writing paper with matching cream envelopes tucked into the lid.  The cover of the paper pack is covered in matching paper from the same collection, the great thing about these papers is that you get patterns, Stripes and checks that all blend together.  There is also a mini notebook and pencil, made with more matching cardstock with the pencil held in its own ribbon tag.  The pen and ink bottle are gifts I received from a friend upon return from Venice!

I hope you agree that this is Something Different, the Tutorial for the box and pad etc. can be found Here.  Enjoy...

Edited Tutorial Link now working click above or Here

6 comments:

  1. Hi John, what a superb idea, I'm looking forward to stopping by for 'Something Different Saturday'. Take care, Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John. This is beautiful but oh what a lot of work.

    Val in Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow John ,this is fab ,

    I love different ideas to break up the card making and scrapbooking , so please keep them coming

    Elaine H

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John what a great idea doing a tutorial,love the project,a very nice idea,clicked on the tutorial,but you must not have started it yet
    Smiles
    Ita in Ireland

    ReplyDelete