Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Monday, 29 April 2013

Red or Black

Hello, I have been playing with this card ever since I first received the new (to me) Radiant Rectangles die from Spellbinders this die is so versatile the ideas floating around my head on this one could keep me going for weeks.  However back to today, when I receive a new die I always cut all sections first to see what they look like cut / embossed (another tip I think I nicked from Christine's wonderful Friday Die Day).  At the point of receiving this one I had a couple of sheets of red and Black card on my desk.  I was having an email discussion yesterday with Ita from Ireland about how hard it is, when you are living out of the U.K., to get decent weight plain card.  If anyone knows a company that delivers decent weight mixed colour plain card please let me and Ita Know!!

Back to today, once I had cut the pieces I started layering them up  I loved the way the red and black worked so I carried on layering to create three panels.  These I adhered to a long card covered in a plain red stripe over a black background.  I added the obligatory ribbon and bow, this time in organza.

 All I needed was a focal point, I found these amazing swirls in the Spellbinders Gold Elements one die, the swirls, there are two in the set,  are mirror images allowing for a great level of symmetry.

Finally a whimsy stamp and matching die for the sentiment and its done. 










This may have taken about 6 sessions of putting down and picking up but I really like it, different but strong, Enjoy...

5 comments:

  1. Hi John

    Wow you always deliver the goods ,this card is beautiful and well worth your 6 sessions i think .

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well worth the wait, just gorgeous. xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it John. Beautiful design and do love the colours..Lozzy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John, If it was me I would have 100 times picking up and putting down,the card is stunning And I love the red and black,I like Oriental cards and I think this would work well.I love your idea with the swirls,I have been playing around with them ,but only came up with 1 design,thank you for your inspiration,and all your help,thank you John
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John,
    Oohh La La, Lovely use of these dies, I off to have a play with mine.
    Chris X

    ReplyDelete