Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Tuesday, 9 April 2013

Prototype, Finished?!?

Hello,  A few days (weeks) ago I posted a prototype of a set of cards and box you can view it here.  I finally got around to having another go at this at the weekend.  This time the box actually is the right size and the cards fit, winner. 

The box was made using my score board (crafters companion I think) in one piece and stuck together with the top sections used as a flap which the ribbon keeps closed.  Here is the box on its own (think I might be getting a box addiction)


The front is layered with the Spellbinders A2 Filigree delight die then Die cut ivy, Leaves and some handmade roses just hiding under the butterflies.

The cards are quite simple, using the centre section form the Die and stamped with a simple ´From Someone Who Cares´ a double layer of butterflies from Spellbinders Papillion 2 die and green ribbon from Christine at Hope and Chances.

 My top tip for this woven ribbon is to cut it to the length of your card or project and then use a lighter to seal the edges, this ribbon really is too thick to fold over to the inside.

I Hope Hazel likes them, She has suggested I show the gift I made her for last years 60th Birthday, so keep your eyes peeled!  Enjoy...




5 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous and will make a lovely gift. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John. Your project is fantastic. What an amazing gift that would be.

    Val in Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John ,
    A beautiful Gift Box ,i would not want to give it away .

    Elaine H x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello John, what a fantastic idea. Love the colours and the design. well done. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John WOW WOW,this is a work of Art,I just love it ,thanks for the inspiration
    Smiles
    Ita from Ireland

    ReplyDelete