Tuesday, 30 April 2013

In the Pink?

Morning,

something prettier than yesterdays severe offering I really wanted to highlight this beautiful paper I received on Saturday  It took weeks of searching as everywhere seemed to be out of stock.  I had aksed my mum to see if she could find it on her trip to the U,K, a couple of weeks ago however she couldn't find it anywhere either in Sheffield where she was staying with family or in Leicester where she was staying with my partner.  Eventually I tracked it down to a small online craft shop based in, you guessed it, Leicester.  They apparently have a small stall in the indoor market that I didn't know existed even though I lived there for 20 years!

Anyways the pack is First Edition Floral Pavilion I bought it for one pattern which I have been looking for for years (more of that when I use it later this week)

This is a simple card to put together the rose backing paper is double sided with the gorgeous print on one side and the pink dots on the other.  I layered the print under a spellbinders expandable pattern die that I cut for this post showing how to cut intricate dies.

This was matted onto a plain matching pink paper, which for some reason looks orange in the picture I can assure you it's not lol, then onto the dotted side.  I cut the centre panel for behind the die out of the centre of the piece I used to mat as although these are 12 x 12 papers I hate wasting them!  Strip of ribbon and a sentiment stamped onto an old labels die and complete, Enjoy...

Related to yesterdays post I received a really wonderful email yesterday from a lady called Margaret who lives in France which fair made my head swell, thank you Margaret for such lovely words.  She also pointed me in the direction of www.papercutz.co.uk which is a great online paper and card store which I am currently ferreting through for my first order!  I would like, once again, to thank everyone for the comments I get and to say that I added the email button to the top of my blog to allow people to contact me I really do love hearing from people so if you have any comments, questions, advice or just fancy a chat get in touch!  I received a picture of a delightful work in progress form Ita in Ireland and am working on a way to put a gallery of peoples creations here will update when I finally get blogger to do what I want! 

On that theme yesterday I found a card i made a couple of years ago, when I was first getting into papercrafting and had purchased my first set from Create and craft.  I thought it would be interesting to see the comparison between one of my first and my latest effort so that's what this picture is.



Take Care, John x


7 comments:

  1. Good morning John,
    This card is so very pretty, I love the papers you have used, my Mother would love this.
    Chris Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no comparison is there?
    So beautiful and I love that die. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card John, love the amazing detail.

    Hugs Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John

    I just love your todays card ,i love how you layer your cards they always look good and you always seem to get the colouring to match just right , the papers are beautiful .

    Take care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  5. John, it's interesting when we look back at the past.... we always think at the time that what we have done is great.... until we compare with what we have done now!!! This also refers to life in general. lol !!. Lovely card, cant wait to see the special paper. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning John this is a very pretty card,it is soft if that is the right word?? I love the backing paper,A big Thank you for all the help you are giving me.Will e.mail you later.
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello John, Ive not long found your Blog and look each day now, the cards you make are stunning, I love die cutting, its my favourite, The card for today is just so pretty, Smiles - Jean P xx

    ReplyDelete